t w e n t y - t w o | change

heres the update pls dont kill me

🕸

❝ hyung, wake up. ❞

" it's three a.m., " mark groaned as he turned to face the voice. rubbing his eyes and letting his surroundings slowly come into view, he noticed the familiar blue-striped pyjama top.

he sat up immediately. " j-jisung? "

the younger gave him a painstakingly slow nod, eyes never leaving him, and mark really couldn't assume if it was really jisung that was replying. he couldn't bring himself to believe that it was really him, either. everything about him was just so...

not-jisung.

mark shifted uncomfortably on his bed, as jisung sat cross-legged on the edge of it. the two stared at each other for what seemed like an eternity, mark not daring to even move his tense fingertips, much less an inch.

" hyung, do you trust me? " jisung suddenly blurted out.

mark contemplated in the moment, choosing between letting him know the truth or the sugarcoat his lie. he would've done the latter if he was confident it was jisung he was talking to, but somehow he was confident that he was otherwise.

" no, " he replied bluntly, noticing jisung's eyelids fall a little. his lips parted slightly, before he closed them again.

" oh, " was all he said, before standing up from the bed.

just then, an all-too-familiar scream could he heard. jisung furrowed his eyebrows, before dashing out of the room in lightning speed. mark's eyes widened with realization just a moment later.

" jisung, no! "

he followed behind jisung in the same pace, towards jeno's room, where the door was still swinging open.

" hyung! " jeno screeched, seemingly using his last breath on calling out for mark when he saw him at the door.

mark was frozen; his hands constantly clasped and unclasped and he kept gulping in nervousness. in front of him, was a scene he had never thought he would ever witness before.

jeno and, somehow, the caretaker, who was trying to shove pieces of chewing gum in his mouth. and jisung, who was pulling the caretaker back.