f i v e | madman

i suggest you not read this anywhere near a door.

🕸

❝ hyung, something's wrong. ❞

after spitting the gum out, jeno immediately rushed to where the other five boys were and looked for mark.

" calm down, jeno. tell me exactly what happened. "

he nodded and let out a breath he had been holding in a little too long. mark was all ears as jeno spoke, every single detail, and he only felt goosebumps rise as the story unfolded.

" the chewing gum we found that day... i think it has some kind of crazy magic in it, hyung. when mister asked me to follow him yesterday he gave me a piece, and when i bit down on it my head felt heavy. i— "

jeno's pupils darted around everywhere, but unlike jisung, it was a sign of nervousness and panic. mark could tell that it must be really bothering him, because he was rarely this way. when their eyes met, it was as though he was about to go mad.

" everything was blurry and i wanted to faint, but i— i...think i s-saw my family, h-hyung. "

mark's eyes widened at his statement. but none of them had a family, there were all abandoned children too unwanted to have a home. it was impossible, and he wanted to label jeno was a madman after he ate the gum, but the pleading in his eyes to believe him made him somehow want to do so.

" hyung—? "

" i want to believe you jeno, i really do, but whatever you told me is kind of— "

" then let me show you, hyung. "

then, without a moment's hesitation, jeno dragged mark by the wrist all the way to jisung's room, where they hid the box of gum. he locked the door behind him and dug out the box from under jisung's bed. taking out a piece, he handed it to mark.

mark took it in his hand and dumped it in his mouth, chewing on it slowly and anticipating the effects jeno just said. but none came.

" hyung, someone's knocking on the door. "

but mark heard nothing. at that moment, he really wanted to label jeno as a madman. the gum must had been really old and expired for him to lose his mind like that.

and all of a sudden, jeno fell onto the ground. he cupped his ears with his hands and mark noticed his breaths become heavy.

without any other choice, mark walked towards the door, which jeno had said he heard knocking from. and once he opened it up, he swore he heart jumped out of fear as he experienced the biggest shock of his life right then.

because there stood jisung, rubbing his eyes sleepily, and everything seemed normal, that was...until he spoke:

❝ hyung, when can we go home? ❞

🕸

i wanna start a jeno ff so bad—