Chapter 44

Thank you to all my supporters out there!

 please keep voting and commenting

 <3 Mel xx

 Chapter 44

Mel’s POV

I felt completely numb and empty, my dad laid in front of me with his neck ripped out , I  then  felt the anger building inside of me I began to see red “WHO DID THIS ?” I screamed out.

 Tyler looked over  at me with sad eyes “The Alpha and the beta both attacked him at once, I tried to save him Mel I really did” , ”but I  was too late , your dad managed to kill the Beta as the Alpha pinned him down  from the back .  However, I did manage to kill the Alpha “Tyler said through the mind link as he was still too weak to speak.

I had so many emotions running  through me that my head was spinning, but I knew my dad would want me to be strong I knew what I had to do ,so I prayed to the gods for guidance “ Ok everyone here now”  I ordered with my Luna tone. Then I turned to Zack “Zack baby I know you will make my father your Alpha proud”.

Then Zack spoke up to all our pack. “As you are all aware our Alpha is dead, as of now I am your new Alpha and Melissa is your Luna, I want the beta and third in command to carry the Alpha’s body back home”.

 “I have spoken with the other Alpha and his pack will take care of everything else here, I want everyone to help our injured and carry the dead back home “Also Tyler as you killed the Alpha of the rogue pack you are now entitled to be Alpha to the Rhinestone pack are you happy with that?” Zack asked with full authority,”yes I accept my position as Alpha and will need to speak to you further on this matter when we return, “that is fine, ok everyone lets go” Zack said.

“Zack I’m not feeling good “I said as my head was spinning so badly. “Baby takes a few deep breaths,” Zack said, pulling me in tightly so I could breathe in his scent. When we were all ready, we started on our journey back home.

The next day as we walked onto our land, every one of our pack was there to pay their respects to their Alpha. I could see mum running towards dad’s body crying so hard my heart began breaking all over again. Seeing my mum like this was breaking my heart even more, I leaned into to comfort her as she cried she did not say a word. She held on to dads hand as they continued to carry his body back to the pack house.

When we got into the pack house Zack went to organize the pack and sort the burial of my dad and the other wolfs that died in the battle.

 Tonight is the night the Wolf Moon will appear, every January our ancestors would go out howling of hungry wolves lamenting the midwinter of food. Tonight we will be howling for our packs dead and our Alpha my dad, I thought to myself.

I held on to my mum as  she cried so hard ,trying to ease some of her pain I rubbed her lower back like dad used to do ,whenever she was upset.  To see her so heartbroken was unbearable.  I held her in my arms comforting her the best I could.

 The nanny came in with my babies .seeing them was such a relief as when I left just over three days ago I thought I would never get to see them again.

 “Mum your grand pups are here “I whispered into her ear. Hoping she could get some sort of comfort off of them, She then reached down and  picked up Lucas and snuggled him in close to her ,seeing her body relaxing slightly I knew right then that  Liam, Lucas, Luke and Leah; where  going to give mum the strength  and love to carry on without her mate!

When Zack had completed all his tasks, he came into the room walking over to me placing a  gentle kiss on my lips, then turning to my mum taking her in to his arms he  kissed  her on the cheek. No words had been passed for a while then mum spoke up “I want to get my mate ready for the burial please could everyone leave the room” she ordered in her Luna voice.

When everyone left I asked her if she would like any help “no baby I need time alone with him please, I will call you when we are ready “she said with her eyes still streaming with heartbreak tears. I left the room and Zack was outside with or babies and Tyler, Rennie and their two boys. We all headed into the living room where we sat in complete silence for ages.

 “Melissa you should be so proud of your dad ,he put on a great fight and if it wasn’t for the rogue Alpha’s  dirty plan to ambush your dad, he  would be here now”  Tyler said ,as I could see the tears slip down his cheeks as he spoke . Rennie held on to him tightly as she too was crying, we all sat there crying until I heard mum calling for us all.

We all entered back into dads room where mum had dad all wrapped up in cloth with just his face showing,  although I have been holding it together for my mum ,seeing my dad I didn’t have the strength any more.  I fell to pieces my heart felt like it was being  crushed ,as I collapsed to the floor sobbing so hard my body began to shake ,I felt Zack pick me up into his arms placing my head into the crook of his neck inhaling deeply  taken in his scent helped to stop me from shaking .

Just as I began calming down, the Beta and the elders of our pack walked into the room, placing the bamboo stretcher down Zack and three of dads best friends picked dad up and placed him on the stretcher.

Leading him out of the room with everyone following behind to the bonfire where the cremation would take place. Everyone was already standing around the fire with fire torches in their hands, mum placed a white rose on top of dad’s body kissing him tenderly for the last time, and my eyes flooded seeing my mum kissing her mate for the last time ever. You could hear the females crying while the males all started to howl heart-breaking howls. Everyone there  were now transformed into their wolves .

I was beside mum as she nodded for them to take dad and place him on the fire so the elders could release his body and soul to the Gods. As they placed his body into the fire the elders started chanting an old ritual prayer to guide his body through to his next life. As the elders said the final prayers asking the gods to take his body and soul , the flames burst out covering his entire body. The  whole pack howled with pure sadness. ”I love you daddy “ I said hoping he would hear my final words before he leaves us.

OMG  I am some weakling lol I cried writing this chapter

Hoped you enjoyed !

Please vote comment fan