Ghost | Abigail Williams

Name: Abigail Williams

Age at death: 45

Gender: Female

Status: Good

Appearance: Abigail's appearance was never her first priority, and it was only average; she had not the golden locks of a certain Mary Warren, nor the lushly cascading raven-hair of a certain Betty Paris, only frizzing black hair that curled every which-way. It was tucked carefully into her bonnet - usually a simple black-and-white one - though on the day the Ghosts became ghosts, there were a few strands that escaped, and remains to this day. And her eyes once did glitter with a cheerful brightness that could lighten one's mood, but has since taken on a fog of desolation.

Personality: Much like Mary, Abigail Williams was a cheerful woman - she was strong, and positivity always walked hand-in-hand with her. Strength she searched for even when things were perhaps hopeless - because there is always a light in the dark, no matter how concealed it may seem. She is, perhaps, the only one who does not begin to question what they have done, because justice is what Abigail firmly holds her beliefs in. Yet that bright ray of a personality always had small fractures running through it - a lifetime of agonizing loss - and, perhaps, it was time for the shadows to overcome the light.

Background: In her youth, Abigail was a peasant farmer - tending to the crops and animals alongside her brother and parents... growing up obscured from knowledge of the evil shadowed amongst the land which she lived. But ignorance was the savagery that struck her heart with a cruel hand when her parents' bodies were one day found, lying in the town square, tortured beyond human capability. Later - a year or so, perhaps - her brother began vanishing. It wasn't permanent, no; from time to time, weeks and months within, something would bring him back to the doorstep of the house - each time more frail, more weary and damaged than before. His posture became horribly slumped; the colour in his eyes faded away, leaving but a despondent gaze; his voice failed him, scratchy, hoarse. And one day, there was no longer a pulse to be found in his body. Yet Abigail still desperately seeked solace, and eventually found a thread of strength fabricated with every fragment of joy each of her children brought her, resisting the insanity that had overtaken Mary. It began to unravel, however, when the witch began her curses once more - her wickedness was infinite - upon each of Abigail's children. They disappeared, one by one, the very same curse that had claimed Abigail's brother finding each one of her children. Her heart began to shatter then, twisting on itself as she sought for one more thing to cling on to - finding it in a certain Giles Corey.

Throughout the hunt, Abigail chided others when their thoughts dipped downwards. When the witch was found, she fought fiercely alongside Mary, every ounce of strength surpassing anything before, for justice was what she so wanted. And now, Abigail Williams haunts the budding town, but her sanity is indeed rapidly wearing away, ages of anguish tearing at it. She will find only one last source of flickering light amidst the shadows of her mind - that, perhaps, someone might at last reunite her with her family.