"Don't go. Wait"

"Hey. Stop. Don't go. At least tell me ur name"

"Madam?! Please stop"

But my voice wasn't reaching her.

"I said stoppp"

I was sure my throat tissues were having a tough time but I wasn't giving up and kept calling her back at my topmost pitch. I didn't know why her going away was making me so vulnerable. I just needed her to stop.

"U can't go like that. U hear me? Stop for God's sake"

"Don't go"

I sat up with a jerk and with a heart racing fast. For few moments, I couldn't make out in which state I had been and it took me a while to realise I was on my bed, my white tee was fully drenched in sweat and me being wracked by my nerves.

Oh shit, what was that?

She was a dream?

A distant dream?

I kept breathing deeply and rested my head on my hands.

Manik, u have lost it man. But what was she doing there in my dream?

Seconds later, I felt the same tune to be playing again and my pulses were again hiking up, up-till I realised that it was my phone that was actually buzzing since a long time. Stupid moron phone! It disturbed my dream as well. The caller pissed me more.

"Yea Cabir" I answered still fighting with my breath.

"Now what's wrong with u, why are u breathing so heavily? Returned from some warfare or what?" He and his stupid remarks!

"Now what was so urgent that u called me so early in the morning?" I asked nonchalantly.

"Early in the morning? Dude, it's 12 and the last date of submission of our assignments idiot! U sleepy head, since when I had been calling u, u dumbass don't even bother to pick that shit up which is lovingly called a mobile phone" he said in a breath.

I quickly glanced up at my wall-clock and as I saw that having passed 12, my carefree attitude jumped out of the window. It was the last date of submission and not being able to submit the assignments meant losing one entire year.

Arghh!!

Immediately cutting the call, I ran to freshen up myself in the shortest span of time.

****

I didn't know what the hell was so wrong with me! Why..why I just couldn't get that girl out of my head. Even though I knew she's my best bud's girlfriend, still she was everywhere around me. I was sitting in the classroom fixing my gaze on the empty desk before me. I thought breaking up with Soha would make my life easier, but there I was thinking about a girl whom I haven't even spoken to. I was getting mad at me only.

"What's up tiger?" After having blown a hit on my shoulder, Cabir sat beside me.

"Nothing. I..I was reading" I grabbed a notebook lying before me.

"Oh is it? Achha toh bata what are reading on an empty sheet?" He tittered while I rolled my eyes. Things were never that awkward.

Instead of replying him, I kept massaging my forehead because of that stupid hangover.

"Oh seems like someone got really wasted last night" Cabir taunted which I ignored.