Chapter 8

The atmosphere was electric as the sound of hundreds of excited students from all four houses filled into The quidditch pitch stands while 7th year Charms students stood around the edges, setting up the muffledo charm. No one up at the school would be able to hear the match. Scorpius made his way to the commentator box with Lily Potter and his sister Cassie. Both girls had been sorted into Gryffindor at the beginning of the year and soon became fast friends. Since it was their first Lumos games Scorpius had promised that they could watch the match with him from the best spot in the stands.

'Merlin's short's I'm so excited Scorpy' Cassie said bubbly. 'And the teacher's know nothing about it?'

'Nope' he replied with one of his famous smiles 'and the ones that do gratefully turned a blind eye'

'Why would they do that?' Lily asked curiously.

'Because it's tradition. The first Lumos games was held right after the Battle of Hogwarts. The 7th year students at the time thought that the inter house rivalry's needed to be destroyed. You know Slytherin verse Gryffindor'

'I didn't know that' Lily said.

'The two houses hated each other. Some people think that was really the cause of the great wizarding war. It was really a bunch of Slytherins verse the other Hogwarts houses. They were just all adults now so it got a bit more serious. The 7th years at the time wanted to build a community between all four Hogwarts houses, which included Slytherin' Scorpius explained.

Cassie frowned 'but I don't understand how someone could hate a person just because a silly hat put them in a certain house.'

Scorpius looked down at his little sister as she genially tried to get her head around the concept of Slytherin Vs Gryffindor.

'But you and Albus are nice' Lily said firmly.

'Sadly it wasn't always like that, back then people used to use their cunning and ambition only to help themselves. They only saw the dark side. Back then people didn't realise that not every house is perfect. They all have good people and bad people. For example a Gryffindor could do something brave and daring but it might not have good consequences for everyone else. They could act rashly and people could get hurt. What about Ravenclaw?, Those guys are so smart that they could take over the world, and no one would be able to stop them because they would always be one step ahead'

'But Hufflepuff doesn't have a dark side' Cassie scoffed 'Their fluffy and soft'

Scorpius shook his head 'Their hardworking and loyal. What if they were loyal to the wrong type of people, Voldemort for example? He would have a hard working and eternally loyal army. Imagine what he could have done with that'

Lily shuddered 'do we have to talk about this?'

Scorpius raised an eyebrow at the youngest Potter 'Scared Potter?'

Lily's face hardened like a true Gryffindor 'Never'

'Good' Scorpius grinned at the ginger Potter.

'Scorp?' Cassie asked suddenly.

'Yeah?'

'You're in fifth year right?'

'Yes, why?' he asked curiously.

'Well then why are you the games master and not some 7th year. They are supposed to be the ones running the games right?'

Lilly and Cassie looked up at Scorpius who replied with a very serious face 'I do what I want'

Alice Longbottom made her way through the changing rooms. She had already changed into her Quidditch gear. She was the beater for the Gryffindor/Ravenclaw team. She moved her way easily through the throng of players, chatting and strapping on their leather arm guards and team colours. She finally came across the two Hufflepuff's she was looking for.