Chapter 22: Visitors

Empress Ishtar and Tom had left immediately and were already gone when Marco emerged from the Great Hall.

"Marco Diaz. You are just as Queen Star described you." Brad said.

"King Brad. Thank you for what you did." Marco said as he bowed.

"No, no. Former king. And you can just call me Brad." He said as he held out his hand for Marco to shake.

Marco gripped his hand firmly and smiled.

"Tell me, how is Stan Pines?"

Marco was surprised. He had purposely withheld Mr Pine's name. The man was banned in twenty nine states and wasn't allowed to fly. He was purposely exiled from Mewni by Queen Rose Butterfly. Who knows what kind of reputation his name had in Mewni.

"Was it that obvious that Stan Pines was the one who had the dimensional scissors?"

"A dimensional traveller from Earth during the reign of Queen Rose Butterfly? The possibilities were few. And you did not say you came here in a blue box."

"True."

"He still owes me twenty silvers. It has been more than thirty years. I really should just let it go."

Marco laughed.

"So how is he? Did he ever find his brother?"

"Stan Pines is old, cranky, broke, and yes he did."

"You will have to tell us all about it on the journey to Xix. Marco Diaz, this is my son. Prince Kevin of Xix."

"An honor to meet you, Prince Kevin."

"Just Kevin, and the honor is mine, Marco. My cousin told me all about you."

"Gentlemen, I will remain here with my daughter." King Butterfly said.

"Yes, of course, River. I'm sure it will be nice to sleep in the castle again." Brad said.

"Nonsense. Camping in the Forest of Certain Death was invigorating!"

"See you again soon, King Butterfly." Kevin said.

"Will you be safe?" Marco asked.

"With this challenge pending, my assassination would change nothing."

"Lock the door anyway, your highness."

"I'll sleep with one eye open. As should you. Goodbye, Marco. Do take care. Oh! And since you will be passing nearby, would you all mind picking up Glossaryck? Take him with you! I have lived with him for almost five years! I need a vacation!"

Brad laughed. "Alright, we will."

"Goodbye, your highness." Marco said.

"We should get going. The Queen of Xix will want to hear what happened." Kevin said.

"So why do we have to leave?" Marco asked.

"Part of the contest rules. You, my father, and Tom are not allowed to be in the same kingdom as Star until the day of the contest."

"I wish I didn't have to leave her again." Marco said as he boarded the Xix royal carriage.

Brad said, "No. I can not imagine that you would. But the sequester is to avoid unnecessary controversy. Contests like these are very grand affairs. They are like your Super Bowls. Many will want to be in attendance. A suitable venue must be arranged. They take time to plan."

"It's not going to be in the Underworld Arena is it? I just came from there."

"No. That would give a home field advantage to Tom. Neither can it be held in Xix or Mewni. We will be notified of the arranged time and place. It will happen before the wedding deadline."