Chapter 12

-- Charlie --

Through a relatively sleepless night, I awaken in the early hours of the morning. Looking at my phone that I'd slid under the pillow last night, I see that it's 6:23 in the morning. I groan in agitation and decide to get up. I slide out from under Niall's grasp, making sure not to wake him. I amble quietly on tiptoe to the bathroom to see just how awful my appearance is after my restless night. My eyes a rimmed black with bags underneath them. My whole body looks tired as there is a slight droop to my shoulders. Wiping the excess eyeliner from under my eyes, I sigh deciding I can do absolutely nothing to make myself look better.

After I pee, I begin rummaging through the drawers to find an extra toothbrush. Curiosity apparently gets the best of me as I begin to explore his drawers and forget my need of a toothbrush. I find his cologne, smelling the clear liquid that carries hints of something hot like cinnamon. The hair on my arms stands as a slight chill rushes over me. Quickly, I set the cologne back down in its spot when I come across an extra toothbrush. I brush my teeth with added speed as the angry sound coming from my stomach becomes more pronounced.

As I exit the bathroom, he still hasn't moved from his leisurely slumber in the bed. His blonde hair is splayed about in a beautifully messy array atop his head. Somehow, I know the display is reminiscent of me as my fingers curled in his hair in the dead of night. I smile to myself, knowing I can make beautiful things out of my darkest thoughts.

I set off down the stairs to find the kitchen in a search for food. I throw open the refrigerator doors, cutting myself off from the rest of the world. Food. I haven't had it since yesterday morning when Kallie decided to feed us in exchange for Georgia letting her sorry ass stay with us. You know you have no room to judge her, a voice vociferates in my head.

"Man, I had the craziest night. I don't think I've ever been that drunk before. I probably made some bad decisions, but nothing too serious because we all know I'm the good one. Did you miss me? Wait, are you making food? Because I'm starv --"

I peek my head out from behind the refrigerator door, purse my lips, and give a small awkward wave to Harry who is standing in the entrance to the kitchen.

"Oh. You're definitely not a blonde, blue eyed, 6 foot-something, Irishman bombshell."

"Damn, he sounds pretty," I joke with him. He smiles and makes his way further into the kitchen.

"Oh, he is. He's just my type. So, where is the little nugget of joy? And, more importantly, where are your pants?" He cocks his head slightly to the side with a look of amusement. I know I should feel embarrassed like any normal person would if they were standing in front of someone they don't really know in only a t-shirt and underwear.

"He's still asleep. As for my pants, I prefer none."

He laughs, completely unfazed by my exposed skin.

"I can agree with that," he tells me.

"Really? I wouldn't think so considering your pants look tighter than every pair I own."

He pretends to be wounded, but the underlying chuckle as he speaks gives him away.

"Ohhh, that hurts! You're so mean!"

I open my mouth to reply as I decide to make a simple bowl of cereal, but am interrupted by Niall emerging into the kitchen with us.

"Is that Harold I hear?" Niall takes in the image of his friend before him. "Honey! You're home!" He makes a run for Harry as he throws his arms around him. "Did'ya miss me?" he questions him seductively as he taps the tip of Harry's nose and winks at him.