Chapter 10

-- Charlie --

"So, what'd you guys do while we were checking on things?" Georgia asks me. She's so innocent. I almost want to tell her, and I'm not sure why I don't. Something about being with Niall felt like my own intimate thing. Somehow, it just feels wrong to share him.

"Oh, Ireland and I just got to know each other a little better," I say, gesturing towards Niall who is sitting on the couch next to me; the couch we had sex on not but forty-five minutes ago. I share a knowing grin with him, recalling for the thousandth time our little rendezvous.

"She's a mad woman, this one. I've never actually seen someone throw something at another person with the intent to maim them. I've gotta give her props, though. You had that one kid running from you! I've never seen someone scramble to their feet so fast out of fear!" He begins to laugh hysterically at the memory. His laugh makes me want to laugh. I believe it has that effect on everyone, though, because we're all laughing. He's infectious.

"Does that mean you and Oliver broke up?" Georgia asks me, changing the mood of the conversation. I know that she's asking me more as a means to discover if she'll ever have to face Connor again instead of actual concern for my lost play thing.

"Well, considering we weren't even in a relationship to begin with...yeah, I'd say that ship has sailed. He wasn't that much fun anyway. He was far too confident in himself for someone with such a small --"

Georgia cuts me off before I can finish my Oliver rant.

"Okay!" she blurts, throwing her arms out in front of her with palms facing me in a general "stop" gesture. "I'd rather not delve any further into that subject."

"You're so innocent, Georgie."

Foot-in-mouth, Charlie. Wow. I instantly regret saying the words. Her face drops immediately. How have I already forgotten that Connor had just been patronizing her about being naive earlier? Stupid, Charlie. So stupid, I think to myself.

"I'm sorry, Georgie. I forgot. I didn't --"

"It's okay," she stops me again. "I am naive, but I'd rather not talk about Oliver's..." She trails off, arching her eyebrows up and widening her eyes in a means of showing her discomfort of the word "penis."

"Hey, Georgia?" Niall whispers across to her. She looks up and begins to smile since he is smiling at her. "Penis," he whispers quietly. She can't help the small laugh that escapes her.

"No. No! We are not playing this game!"

"Penis," I say slightly louder than Niall.

"No!" She says again.

"Penis," Harry states a level higher than me.

"Not you, too!"

Harry laughs as Niall goes again before the game ends with Georgia just yelling out "penis." We laugh, and it's a healthy laugh, the kind I want to have for days on end.

"Oh, hey! We're doing a little show at the cafe on Tuesday. You guys should come," Niall says excitedly.

"What time?" Georgia asks. Just like Georgia to be prompt.

"Darling, the show's three days from now. Don't worry! You've got plenty of time to get ready," he mocks her.

"You are so mean to me!" Georgia says between her teeth with a smile as she grabs the throw pillow behind her and flings it at his face. He snatches it just before it hits him and begins to laugh.

"What is it with you, Roses? Do you all throw inanimate objects at people? Harry, I think we should be worried." Niall looks to Harry with a mock expression of concern for his well being.