05

"What the fuck," Daichi's eyes widened in disbelief as he stepped away from Suga. He was beyond surprised. He had expected Kuroo to come, but the fact that he didn't, stung. He couldn't even keep a simple promise.

"I'm h-"

"Why the hell are you here? Did Kuroo forget or what?" Daichi accused, although he already knew the answer. He should've seen this coming from a mile away.

"He decided not to come and told me to go in his place. Well, he kind of forced me to come here but that's not the point," Kuroo's 'replacement' muttered quietly as he tugged on one of the sleeves of his sweater so that it covered the tips of his fingers. His gold eyes averted to the ground to avoid looking at the pained expression that had found its way onto Daichi's face.

"Uh, come in," Suga awkwardly interrupted to ease the tension. The visitor nodded cautiously and pushed past Daichi without sparing him a glance. Once he was fully inside the apartment, Suga shut the door and took a deep breath.

"Give me a full explanation right now, Kozume," Daichi pressed firmly, his hands tightening into fists. He needed to know why Kuroo couldn't even complete a simple task such as coming to pick up the last of his belongings. Was he a coward or did he not care at all?

"It's simple, Sawamura. As much as the truth hurts, you guys aren't bound by love anymore. You may still love him, but he's moved on. Yeah, those years may be flooded with affection, support, and all those memories created in your little haven, but it's time to let go." Kenma winced slightly as he knew his words were too blunt. It had to be said though.

He sighed internally, and wondered why Kuroo had to drag him into this mess. He 'couldn't handle it himself' he had said earlier. Talk about not addressing the situation at all.

Suga's hands flew to cover his mouth. He was fully aware that Kenma spoke the truth, but that didn't make it any less painful for Daichi.

Before anyone could move a muscle, Daichi had Kenma pinned against the wall.

He growled and seemed to be towering over the smaller man, causing him to cower in fear. What scared him more was when Daichi slammed his fist into the wall, leaving an indent right next to Kenma's face.

The ombré haired man gulped and screwed his eyes shut, expecting a punch or anything else, but Daichi backed away as fast as he had attacked.

"Shut the fuck up," Daichi whispered and retreated to the other room as Suga recovered from the sudden shock.

*****

The rest of Kenma's visit was masked by silence, as no one was in any mood to talk. There wasn't much to pack up anyways, since most of Kuroo's things were no longer there.

"Okay, I think that's everything," Kenma announced as he struggled to carry a large box towards the door.

By this time, Daichi had left his room and was watching Kenma leave when his eyes landed on a small shining object. A long silver chain with a simple circular object hanging from it that he recognized immediately. He quickly reached out to grab it and the memory of it came flooding back.

He knew exactly what this was.

After all, he was the one who bought the locket for Kuroo. The design was also requested personally by him, so it meant even more since he had poured his soul into the anniversary gift. 

The date of when they had officially started dating was engraved on the front, along with a small picture of their first kiss resting inside.

"Oh, that locket? Kuroo told me specifically not to bring it back, so go ahead and keep it or whatever you plan to do with it." Kenma nodded towards Suga as a thanks and walked through the door without a second thought.

The weight of Kenma's statement knocked Daichi off guard, causing the locket to fall to the floor, bouncing off of the carpet and landing next to the stack of discarded scholarship papers.

- ✦ -

I guess you could say their love literally fell apart. Get it?

Jk jk. Please don't kill me.

Ah, this turned out longer than I expected.

I hope you all enjoyed though!

Also, thank you so much for 300+ reads and all your votes and comments!!!!!

I really appreciate all the support for this story!!

-Trish