02

Suga had finally reached Daichi's apartment, yet he was still completely unaware of the situation. All these years of their friendship, and he had never sounded so sad.

He got out of his car and slammed the door shut as he jogged up to stairs and towards the apartment he had visited countless times. He knocked on the door with three sharp taps and waited for the door to be unlocked.

"It's open," A voiced called softly from the other side.

"Okay!" Suga yelled back, swinging the door open in one fluid motion. He didn't expect to see Daichi curled up on the couch, clutching a worn picture to his chest as if his life depended on it.

"D-Daichi? Where's Kuroo?" He hurriedly asked since they were always with each other. Seeing Daichi alone, especially in this state, was an incredibly rare occurrence.

"Don't." Daichi whispered, rolling over so that he faced the back of the couch. His shoulder's shook and sniffles were heard, along with the crinkling of paper.

"Daichi. What the hell happened? I can't help you if you're just going to stay silent," He pressed firmly, placing a hand on Daichi's shoulder. He frowned when he visibly flinched under his touch. When he finally flipped over, Suga's frown deepened once he saw that his eyes were bloodshot and what appeared to be dark circles were underneath them.

"He left, Suga. He just gave up and moved on. Tell me you feel it too. How empty it is or how cold it is in here? Take a look around. There's barely anything left here. All I have left is this single picture, but it's still not enough."

"When?" Suga breathed out, bewildered at his sudden outburst. He took a moment to process Daichi's words, but they still wouldn't make any sense.

"A week ago. I only remember it as yesterday though. I don't even remember what I did these past days expect for the fact that I've been holed up in my room."

"Oh. Well why haven't you slept? You must be exhausted."

"I can't sleep anymore, Suga. It's been three years, and every single damn night he's been by my side. Do you know how it feels to be unable to sleep when you don't feel the presence of the familiar body next to your own? What it's like to stay up all night, clinging onto the faint memory of something that can finally put you to rest? You see, I've been wide awake every fucking night since then without his loud snoring, and the way his breathing tickled the back of my neck.  I even miss his arm draped over my waist and how he always hogged the blanket. I just can't do it," Daichi jumbled up his words but was soon in the midst of another breakdown.

"Oh my god," Suga choked out as he reached out to embrace Daichi and let him sob into his shoulder. They stayed like that for hours. Suga didn't mind though. He would let Diachi cry for however long he needed. Hell, the love of his life left him in a such a sorry state. It would probably take months for Diachi to recover and Suga would be there every step of the way.

- ✦ -

All of you guys guessed Kuroo, so you're all right.

Thoughts on this chapter?

-Trish