Detention

They started walking to school with Link carrying Zelda's bag. She couldn't help but feel guilty, although she knew Link would've done it no matter what happened.

The walk again was silent, but Link was happy that he was helping so Zelda let him get on with it. Zelda walked with a spring in her step, happy that she had a good time and that she stayed at Link's house.

She was sad it ended so soon, but she was certain that it was much better than all of the sleep overs the other girls had.

Once they arrived at school, they went their separate ways until the end of the day. Although Zelda practically begged Link to give her the bag back, he refused and carried on.

In 5th period Zelda was harassed, like normal.

"Hey, Zel!" One of the girls shouted as she slid across the desk.

Zelda didn't reply, she just looked up, still smiling from the thoughts of the previous day.

"So did you catch the latest episode of Hyrule High yesterday?" She said. Zelda's heart dropped, all the girls other than her were obsessed with this stupid TV show.

"No, I didn't" The girl scoffed, her eyes narrowed as she stared Zelda down.

"Well, did you break his heart then?" Zelda was shocked at how quick the conversation changed. She dropped her pencil case on the floor and diverted her full attention to the conversation.

"What? What are you on about?" She asked, shaking her head.

"You were at Link's yesterday. He so obviously fancies you" She got more into Zelda's face.

"You don't know him. Heck, you've never actually talked to him before" Zelda looked away, and opened her book, as if to politely say get lost.

"Yeah, but I'm not blind" 

"Whatever. Think what you want" Zelda shook her head and steadied her breathing, trying not to lash out.

"Okay then, I will"

"You're getting on my nerves" She slammed her pencil down on the desk.

"Oh, sorry. You were probably thinking about fucking your boyfriend"

Zelda stood up and slammed her hands on the desk, bringing all attention to her. "Hey! Link is not my boyfriend! There's no need to keep bringing him into things just because he's a boy and my friend. God, you're pathetic" She stared back as she realised all eyes were on her.

"Zelda! After school detention for 10 minutes!" The teacher shouted. Zelda told Link she'd meet him after school, and she didn't want to be late.

"Are you actually kidding me?!" She shouted as her heart rate started increasing.

"Answering back? I'll make that 30 minutes then" The teacher smirked as she saw the expression on Zelda's face.

She sat down and banged her head on the desk, muttering insults at everyone in the class.

After the school day had ended, Zelda tried to sneak out of the class and hope that the teacher had forgotten. After all, she could just run. She'd never had a detention before, and she weren't a bad kid. This specific teacher really didn't like Zelda or Link, for a reason they both didn't know.

"Zelda! Don't forget you're staying with me" She muttered under her breath as she sat back down.

"Miss, I'm meeting someone"

"Tuff. You're going to have to wait"

Outside the gates Link stood. He was let out a few minutes early so he could make it in time to meet Zelda. However, she was nowhere to be seen.