Jump Scares

After a few minutes, she'd got it to work and crawled back up so she was next to Link, their bodies almost touching. She'd set it out so there was two blankets and two pillows, although they were both on the very edge of both of them, so although they were under different blankets and had different pillows, they were right next to each other.

The film started up, and Zelda leant over Link to get some crisps. Link blushed but covered his cheeks from Zelda.

He'd never liked horror films, and jumpscares didn't bother him. He was pretty much fearless, and didn't understand how people could get scared by a fake movie.

A sudden sound made Zelda jump, dropping her crisps and grabbing the duvet. She was shivering and obviously cold, then Link realised that he gave her the duvet that almost felt like nothing.

"Are you cold?" He whispered, moving over a little bit.

"A little. It's all right though" She said, rubbing the top of her arms.

Link moved over even more, and held up his duvet.

"This one's really warm" She looked at him and the gesture he was making, then saw his cheeks flush red. "You don't have to if you-" He was cut off by Zelda doing exactly as he implied as she moved over to share the same duvet and pillow as him.

"Maybe I wanted to be closer to you anyway" She said, her eyes on the screen.

Link felt his heart beat faster, how Zelda could say these things so casually was beyond him.

The film dragged on, the only thing that was entertaining Link was Zelda getting all scared. He let out a massive laugh every time she screamed.

It was about halfway through when the biggest scare of the film came, that even made Link jump. Well, it was more Zelda's reaction that made him jump. He wasn't looking at the screen when it happened, he was watching Zelda as her face completely changed. He heard a really loud sound from the television, which made him immediately turn his head to face it. He was sat with his hands behind his head, like a generic anime protagonist.

Before he knew it, Zelda screamed, closed her eyes, and shoved her face into his chest, wrapping her arms around him.

Link jumped at the sudden contact, but he still had his hands behind his head. He didn't know what to do, whether to stay in the exact position he was in or to embrace her back. Zelda stayed there for quite a while, Link's cheeks getting redder by the second.

His hands eventually got tired, so he slowly lowered them and placed them on her back, barely touching her just incase her back was hurting from the bag she was carrying.

"No fair!" She said whilst moving her head so they were making eye contact. "Your pajamas are fluffier than mine" Link awkwardly laughed, not knowing how to react.

He'd been confused for a while, he knew that he had feelings for Zelda, but he decided to try and forget for her sake. How she was acting recently was making him think that she wanted him to make a move, but he wanted to be sure before he did so. If he did so.

Zelda continued to stare at him, reading his emotions.

"What are you being so tense for?" She asked, unwrapping her hands from his back and looking back at the screen, but still leaning her weight on Link.

Link gulped hard. Damn... Is she just teasing me now or what?

"Tense?" He asked, not sure where to put his hands.

"You know what I'm on about" She said, not changing in expression. "It's okay. You don't have to tell me" Link felt bad, but it didn't feel like the right time.