Chapter 20: Hide N Seek

*Your POV*

Well crap.

You had gotten out of bed and took a shower, hoping by the time you were done J would come back to your room.

Your hopes were let down again and again throughout the day.

When you went to the kitchen to get a snack...nothing.

When you went to his room, not even bothering to knock...nothing again.

You continued looking around until you came to a stop, sliding down into the floor.

You buried your head into your knees and sighed.

Where was he?? I've looked everywhere...

Your thoughts were interrupted by a familiar scream.

"No!!No please let me go!" Chloe cried.

"Chloe...?" You whispered as your head whipped up to see a red and stuffy faced Chloe.

"(Y/N)! Help me! Please! Don't let me go back..!" She cried out.

Sebastian, the guard holding her, pushed her head down as continued dragging her along.

"Hey, what are you doing with her?" You asked, eyeing Sebastian carefully.

"Mister J doesn't have a use for her anymore...since you didn't really care for her that much."

Chloe shot you a sad look and you were surprised to feel no pity for the child.

She was dragged away and you sat there, staring off into the distance, stuck into some trance.

~Small time skip~

It was nearly noon, and you decided to go outside. Surprisingly, no one stopped you.

You were walking the streets, looking all over in obvious places for places that Joker might be.

You checked the bank...down several allies...other weird places.

It was getting late...and you were beginning to lose hope. You've searched everywhere, and still haven't found him.

You sat on a bench near a shop and held your head in your hands.

You let out a loud sigh and chuckled.

"This is just some sort of hide-n-seek game huh? Well, I'm going to win..." You whispered.

Wow. You're that desperate to find him you made this into a game...?

Shut up!

Woooo~ This is your conscience.

Oh my god...You're really crazy without him aren't you?

You blinked. Once. Twice. Three times.

You got up, and began walking in the direction towards Jokers place, when you heard a faint familiar laugh...

Oops. This is late. Again. Sorry!! I don't feel so confident about this chapter either...so I hope you like it. I've been really busy lately so I've only been uploading on Mondays...and other days. Hopefully I'll get my crap together. Thank you for all being so kind and as always, I will see you, in the next chapter!

Edit: I am no longer having an uploading schedule. I am sorry, but I'll try and update every so often. Like, 4 times a month maybe. 😂 I dunno. Thank you for being sweet...well...most of you anyway. Hope you have a wonderful day.

BYEEEEEEEE