Nightime With Delphox..And Ash?

I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN LIKE A CENTURY ;W; WHY IS SCHOOL HARDER THAN IT WAS FROM BEFORE?! LIKE, WHAT THE FACT DOES THE THEORY OF LIFE SUPPOSE TO ACTUALLY BE HANDY FOR ENGLISH?!

😭😭😭😭

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy this chapter :)

It's just the two of them together
Running around the open flower field filled with different types of Pokémon.
The two skipped, jumped, ran, and hopped along with the Pokémon they played with.

The boy asked her
"What starter do you wanna pick?"
The girl answered
"I dunno, I guess a Froakie or something"
The boy raised an eyebrow at the young girl who now was thinking hard about the Pokémon she would choose in the future.

"It doesn't suit you"
The girl asked
"What do you mean?"
The two kids decided to sit ontop of a hill where they can see the sun setting for today.

"I didn't mean it like you and a Froakie doesn't match together.
But, I feel as if a Fennekin is better for you"

"Really?"
The boy nodded in reply
The girl then hugged the boy and the boy hugged back.
"Thanks Xavier!"
"No problem Gabena!"

Serena's POV

I shot up and panted heavily, I look around only to see nothing but darkness. I check the time on my navigator to see it was around 3 in the morning.

I look to my side to see Pancham and Sylveon sleeping peacefully while Delphox was...nowhere to be seen.

I quietly and carefully got out of bed, so the two doesn't wake up. I head to the balcony of the cabin and I was right, Delphox was there looking at the night sky.

I quietly walk up to my partner and hug her from behind, she of course accepts the gesture and look behind her back to smile at me. I smile back at her and decided to ask why it was out here instead of sleeping.

"Delphox..(I couldn't sleep, I dreamt about the time you chose me instead of a Froakie)" I pause for a bit from remembering the dream I had a minute ago. A small smile curved on my lips from the memory.

I then glance towards the night sky and sigh.
The wind blew calmly and slow just like the way I like it.

"I remember having a friend, he told me that a Fennekin suited me better than a Froakie. I guess he was right, but I didn't remember it at that time. It just felt right to choose you over Froakie, I just felt like I was destined to have you." I reply quietly while enjoying the cold wind blowing around us. I glance back at Delphox who was also smiling and enjoying the wind.

I look back at the sky and thought about the dream. It was a memory, I just know it! It can't be a dream, or it wouldn't feel so nostalgic right now.

The my thought about the dream went to Ash smiling. Why would I think of him right now? It wasn't about him, yet I'm thinking of the person right now. Suddenly my hand moved to the necklace he gave me when we won the sandcastle contest. A wide smile curved on my lips as the memory played in my mind.

"You're my flower Serena"

"Never give up till' the end!"

"We were more than friends you know..We were best friends!"

"If we get older then I promise you that we will be together!"

"Pinky promise!"

"Cross my heart..."

"And hope to die.." I uttered and look at my pinky, I promised it and yet it felt okay for me to be with him forever.

Delphox nudged me on the shoulder with a concerned look, I shook my head telling her I was fine. "Delphox, thank you"

"Delp? (What for?)"

"For being my starter" I smile at her "For being my partner since the beginning of my journey"

"For being a great compaion"

Why am I saying this?

"For being there for me"

Why is my heart beating so fast like this?

"For loving me unconditionally"

A tear dropped down on my lower left cheek, I look away from Delphox and fought the tears back.

'Why am I feeling so happy and saw at the same time?' I thought as the feeling got bigger and heavier on my chest. "Delphox (You know I don't do this because you are my trainer)" I look back at Delphox who's smile and joyful expression was replaced by a serious one.

"Delp Delphox (It's because you saved me from dying, I was but a mere egg when you came around and when I heard about you saving me I knew it was faith even if I was still a baby back then. You're my mother)"

Delphox then looked away from me and I could hear sniffling from her. I went infront of her and grab her stick from her tail and showed it infront of her, I look at her in the eyes and said.

"This ribbon on the stick was a vow to become Kalos Queen right? I couldn't have done that without you or the others. Delphox, you have always been a great partner and I knew back then that you were the one that I will pick just from looking at the egg, I knew I was gonna be someone special when you became my starter" I took her hand and gave the stick to her and she ignite it while I was still holding if.

"And I know together we can get my memories slowly but surely. You, Me, Sylveon, and Pancham. What a great team right?" Delphox puts the ribbon back on her tail and hugged me, I could tell she was grateful for me.

But in honesty..

I'm the one lucky to have a partner like her..