We Were Kids

Before we start a friend of me asked like some of guys about how do I update so often? It's a gift, I don't know how to explain it or even know how I do it to be honest XD

Also I've been planning on making a story based on summer vacation for a really long time now, so you guys will probably know that I already have many ideas in my head right now.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter ^_^

Serena's POV

We were at the lobby waiting for Prof. Oak to make an announcement, but he wasn't there so Gary and Misty suggested that we should talk for a bit. Of course everyone agreed, because who won't like some talking with your new friends?

I stayed quiet as I watched them go at it with their jokes, questions, or just simply their conversation until all their heads turned to me.

"Yes?" I raised an eyebrow at them "Say, Serena how old were you when you attended summer camp 6 years ago?" Gary asked "I was around 8 years old, why?" I replied "Do you remember anything before that?" I nod as a reply "Can you tell us?" I shook my head as a reply "Why aren't you saying anything?" Dawn asked suspiciously "Because, I have no idea what to say" I stated "Could you just tell us? We won't tell anyone promise!" They all nodded in agreement, I sighed and slightly closed my eyes.

"All I remember was that accident and a boy that I once played with" I then opened my eyes and looked at Ash who's face was filled with joy and hope, I  slightly giggle from looking at his face.

"Who's that boy?" Drew asked "He's name is Calem, a boy I knew back then. I don't know where is here today, but I just have a feeling he's here" I uttered, Ash's happy face suddenly faded when I said Calem, I wonder why?

"Well, Ash can you tell us the story on how you two met?" I look at Ash wanting to know what happened, he looked at me as if he knew what I was thinking and so he took a deep breathe and started telling the tale.

Ash's POV

Flashback~

(A/N this is the whole Poliwag part you know how to met sooo~ I'll be skipping that part)

After helping the girl out of the forest, she smiled at me with such a sincere and and bright smile that I never wanted it to end. Until Gary showed up shoving me to the ground causing the girl to literally scream her lungs out and cries all over again.

"Dude, who's this girl?" Gary asked checking out the girl infront of us "Seriously Gary? Even here your checking out girls?" I scoffed at him "Hey! Girls are cute alright!" He exclaimed, The girl looked at Gary and stepped back from us.

"This is Gary, he's somewhat annoying for checking out girls despite we are like 8 years old. What's yours?" I uttered "...I don't want to tell my first name...I'm sorry" she mumbled "Why?" Gary asked "B-Because Papa said I should tell them my last name" she replied "Oh ok, can you tell us?" She nods "Gabena..." she murmured, Gabena what a pretty last name.

"Ok, then! Let's play!" I exclaimed and Gary and Gabena both nod in agreement.

Since then we played together until it was time to go back to the cabin and sleep, but it doesn't mean we weren't causing trouble.

One day, Gary decided to go to the deepest part of the forest. Rumor has it that there was a certain tree that shaped like an X and it would grant anyone's wish when it thinks that person or Pokemon is worthy.

Of course we both wanted to check it out, so after the whole announcement was over we headed towards the forest. Gary was up ahead and behind him was Gabena and I talking about summer.

"This is the first time you ever attended a summer camp?!" I gasped, Gabena placed a finger on her lips signalling me to not be so loud. "Yeah, this is the first time I ever even got out of my house" she confessed "Why?" I asked "Papa said that it's too dangerous for me to go out without any parental supervision" she replied "Well, they're not here, so enjoy every moment you have!" I exclaimed.

She nods at me and her lips begun forming into a wide big smile. "HEY LOVE BIRDS!! WE'RE HERE!!" We both blushed from Gary calling us lovebirds, but we shook it off and looked around for the tree.

"You see any legend tree Gabena?" I asked "No, but I see something over there" she points at a far away place, she then goes there and she screamed.

"GABENA!!" Gary and I yelled and ran towards her, she was trembling in fear as she point at something right infront of us. My eyes widened and so Gary's as we saw a Pokemon with antlers and it's pupils was in a X shape.

"Incredible.." I mumbled "Amazing" Gary whispered in awe "Xerneas is your name?" Gary and I looked at the girl who was staring at the Pokemon and so did the Pokemon.

It was like they knew each other, Gabena stood up and walked up to the Pokemon and petted its head "So your the tree?" The Pokemon nodded, it understood her?! Incredible!

"Gabena, who is that?" Gary asked "Her name is Xerneas" she uttered while she continued looking at Xerneas in an awe.

But good things has come to an end when we heard Prof. Oak calling for us, Xerneas ran away from us and Gabena fell on the ground panting as if she was terribly exhausted.

After that we got scolded and as punishment we couldn't leave our cabin for 2 days straight.

But after that wonderful memory we kept on trying to look for Xerneas, but unfortunately we never saw her again.

End of flashback~

After the whole story telling Gary was in nostalgia world while Serena was holding her head while groaning, she must be remembering something.

"That's a good story and all, but we only wanted to know how you met Ash not the whole summer camp experience " May pointed out "I know, but if I tell the whole memory maybe Serena would get her memories back" I uttered, I look back at Serena who was literally in pain for some reason.

We all surrounded her and tried to somewhat ease her pain, she eventually looked normal again and she looked at me and Gary.

"Umm, Long time no see?"

Serena's POV

That's weird, why did I remember that easily? I never get a memory that easily from a simple storytelling. Is Ash the key to my memories? Or that Pokemon Xerneas?

A weird feeling risen up from my stomach as if something was coming up in the future...a bad feeling that is.

And that's it for this chapter! Geez, I seriously need to get a check up for my hand like seriously it's getting serious. I can't even move it without feeling intense pain. Anyway, Peace Out!

Hint for the next chapter :)