9: Raeyla

Legolas's POV

We started our journey again, across the lake of Shining Waters, over Thunderclap Hill, through Whirlpool Valley and crossed over Starlight Peaks.

Father had finally found a place to rebuild the Mirkwood palace: behind a gigantic waterfall. The area inside was big enough for a palace, and for a village!

There was beautiful fresh, green grass and lots and lots of wild flowers.

Then Tauriel walked over. I smiled at her, she smiled back. I plucked a Jasmine Blossom from a bush. Then I brushed aside some of her hair and tucked the flower behind her ear.

Tauriel's POV

Aww! I reached out a hand and felt the soft petals on my pale skin. I could smell the sweet honeysuckle drifting to my nose.

"Thanks," I said, feeling my cheeks burn a little. "For the flower," I added as he kissed my forehead.

Legolas lifted my chin so I could face him. We started pulling in, feeling his hands on my waist. I placed a hand on his shoulder while the other was grasping his wrist. We were almost there, when--"Your majesty!" A voice cried out.

We turned to see who was calling. It was Raeyla, a good friend of mine and Legolas's royal advisor. Her eyes fell on the position we were in and a cheeky smile crept up her face.

"Ok, you two lovebirds," she started. "What--" we looked down and quickly pulled away and pretended nothing cheesy happened.

"Come on," Raeyla urged. "I know you're hiding something." "No, we're not," Legolas shuddered, but I knew the burning cheeks would give us away.

She shook her head. Then Raeyla shoved me into Legolas's arms. We gave each other quick glances before pulling away. Unfortunately, Raeyla caught them.

She had her hands on her hips and a smirk on her face. "See, I knew you were hiding something."

"W-w-what are you talking about?" Legolas stammered, his face staying the exact shade of a tomato.

She gave him a 'I know you're lying' look, crinkling her forehead as she did.

Finally, he gave it up, throwing his hands in the air. "Fine! You got us. We're falling for each other."

Raeyla looked at us up and down, then burst out laughing. "What?!" She spat between giggles of laughter. "You're making out?"

Well, at least not yet," I said a little TOO loudly. Then, out of nowhere, people begun to swarm around, pestering us with questions.

"What's at least not yet?" A follower of mine, Malinda, questioned. "Gossip around, eh?" Aedan, Legolas's good friend, asked, poking his head over our shoulders.

"It's nothing," I spoke, shooing the crowd away. Not my best excuse. But still, no one will notice.

"Stop making excuses!" An angry voice erupted through the chatters. Apparently, someone did notice.

"I'm not making excuses!" I fibbed, trying to squeeze through the gaps of the shoulders of swarming elves.

Legolas followed me through. When we escaped from all the chaos, Raeyla was nowhere to be found. Well, that was a relief.

Why? Because she might be hogging our time about this 'making out' thing Raeyla talks about every time she finds out about couples. I hated that side of her.

🏹🏹🏹

Legolas's POV

Hours later we found a secret spot to hide from the curious crowd. The place was beautiful! It had a small waterfall trickling down a rocky slope. Sunlight poured through a crack in the smooth, stony ceiling, making the cool, spring water shine like glittering jewels

It also had a little flowerbed nearby, with some plant species I have never encountered before!

Tauriel found a big, flat rock to sit on in the alcove. I moved to sit beside her. But as I did, I heard a twig snap, making me jump. I cowered, then out of nowhere, a gentle laugh echoed around the clearing, bouncing off the jagged walls.

I knew that laugh around Middle earth: Raeyla!

She peeked from the thick bark of a willow tree, wiping away tears of laughter as I slowly backed away.

"Raeyla!" Tauriel said teasingly. "How did you find us?" Simple," she answered. "I was spying on you too."

"I just can't help the fact that you guys are making out!"she wiped out more tears of laughter firmly.

"I just have the strong urge to spill the beans!" "Don't!" Tauriel shrieked, panicky all over. "Of course I won't!" Raeyla replied, blowing a lock of strawberry blonde hair out of her face as she walked toward the exit, squeezing through the gap with ease.

"You'd better not!" I called out after her. "Because if you do, then I'm gonna kill you!"

"Whatever," she called over her shoulder.