Prologue

A whole new world
Age 4

Leaf Village, Konoha

"Oi! Stop it will you." A small boy with a tied spiky dark hair whined.

A cute little pink haired girl giggled and kept poking his cheek, while a rather chubby boy watched the girl annoyed his friend as he ate his bag of chips.

"All you do is sleep. Let's go play Shika-Chan!" The girl pulled on the boy's sleeve.

"Ugh! How troublesome..." The boy groaned, still not moving from his original spot.

"Why don't you play with your sister, Rika? And please stop with the Chan."

"My sister is with Ino, probably bothering that weird boy." The girl, Rika pouted.

"Come on, Shikamaru. Let's play! You're such a lazy bum." She pulled him up again.

"Ugh! Fine! Fine!"

"Yay! See, Choji?! I told you I can make him play with us." She cheered.

•••

The sun started to set and one by one the kids started to leave the park with their parents. Rika looked around the park for her sister yet she don't see her anywhere. She then decided to walk home alone hoping to see her sister on the way. As she exited the park the sky starts to darkened and drops of rain begin to fall to the ground. Rika ran as fast as her little legs could to her house.

Halfay to her house, through the corner of her eyes she saw a strange huge bulb of light in the alley way. Being the innocent, unsuspecting child she is, she went to the bulb unhesitatingly. When she reached it she realized there's something inside the bulb, some kind of miniature of forest. She approached it and reached her hand upward towards the bulb. Hissing sound can be heard as she got closer and she realized a second too late before she was sucked to the bulb and gone. With only a small red ribbon that has fallen to the floor which indicates she has been there before.

•••

"Rika-Chan! Where are you?!" Rika's sister, Sakura shouted with her little voice.

"What's wrong Sakura?" A pink haired man asked her.

"I don't see Rika-Chan anywhere, Papa." She held her dad's hand.

"Ah.." Her dad looked around the park worried before looking down at his daughter.

"Maybe she went with Shikamaru or Choji again? She always do that, right." He smiled though still worried.

"Now.. let's go get your sister before it rains."

"Okay, Papa!"

•••

Rika woke up with a throbbing headache and slight pain in her body. Her small hand held her head in discomfort as she studied her surrounding in confusion. But her eyes widened instead as she took in everything around her. Her body shook in fear and confusion.

Red.

That's all she saw. Red everywhere. Along with loads of dead bodies littered in front of her. Her eyes watered as she landed her sight at the cause of this horrid scene. It was a man. A red haired man with weird clothes, covered in blood. He was smiling rather maniacally

•••

•••

•••

•••

Illumi took Rika to the Zoldyck Mansion as asked. He walked down the path to the mountain silently. He felt small fingers wrapped around his hand. He peered down at the little girl and saw that she was holding his hand and smiling up at him. He merely looked at her strangely before diverting his eyes back to the road. He let her held his hand which is weird. He felt odd that he didn't do anything. Not even his little brother do this. But strangely, it's quite nice for him to have her held him like that. So he held the girl's small hand and guide her to his home.