Part 8

Chat Noir

As soon as I realised that the princess had been akumatised, I leapt to Ladybug's side, ready to fight. Princess Gorgon was faster than we had anticipated, however, so it felt like we were simply holding her off. We fell back and simply dodged her attacks instead but we ended up tiring ourselves out more than anything.

Retreating behind the tables, I said "Got anything up your sleeves, m'lady?" Before she could cast Lucky Charm, however, the table behind us glowed slightly before becoming transparent.

"Of course! She's a Gorgon. And the akuma must be in her glasses." Ladybug exclaimed, facepalming. "LUCKY CHARM!" Pink light flared for a second, leaving an umbrella in her arms. She looked as confused as I felt.

Through the table, I could see the princess advancing. "M'lady?" I prompted, waiting for her next move.

"She can't look at what's behind her, right?" Uh oh, this can't be good. Handing me the umbrella, Ladybug sprang away, attempting to tackle the princess.

She landed on Princess Gorgon's back and was reaching for her glasses when the hair/snakes started attacking her. Ladybug was thrown off towards the balcony.

I acted without thinking. Grabbing the umbrella, I broke from the cover of the table and raced to catch her. Holding out the umbrella, I hoped that she would catch it.

She did.

"Thanks for the save, Chat," she sighed in relief. I smiled before remembering that the Gorgon was still behind us.

"No! You won't upstage me!"

I saw the glasses flash brilliant purple before the beam came. I waited for it to hit.

I felt myself being pulled down off the ledge. Looking up, I saw Ladybug above me holding the umbrella, which was acting as a parachute. We still fell but slower. That second lasted a lifetime to me as I stared into her bluebell eyes. When we landed, she was on top of me and I wanted nothing more than to kiss her.

"We need to get back inside." She said, getting up. She offered a hand to me, which I took, and helped me up.

Extending my staff, I got back up to the balcony with ease. Ladybug used her yoyo to swing herself up. Once we were both back up, she looked around for anything that we could use to defeat Princess Gorgon.

"Chat, I have a plan."