Emotional Blackmail Often Gets The Job Done

Every instinct in your body screamed for you to go after him, to do something or to stop him but, in the end, you just stood there. How could you respond to that? Teachers are supposed to care about their pupils, support them, not abandon them like that. Had it not been for Sonia dragging you to school, you would've spent the whole day standing there.

"Come on (Y/N)! We'll be late!" She had exclaimed, a worried expression forming at your lack of a response. "Are you ok?" She eventually asks, slowing her pace so that you are walking side by side. You're so lost in your thoughts that she has to nudge your shoulders a couple of times before you give any form of response.

You look over to her and try to force a smile, but you just end up scolding yourself over how pitiful it would end up looking. "I'm fine, Sonia. You don't need to worry." Your blatant lie only ends up furthering the teen's concern but, just as you pass through the school gates, a familiar pink-haired mechanic appears.

Almost immediately, Sonia disappears as though she is some kind of ghost, leaving you in the mechanic's company.

You manage to send Kazuichi a slightly brighter smile as he awkwardly stands where Sonia once was. "You really aren't having any luck, are you?" You ask sympathetically. The mechanic shakes his head, a wide grin still there despite the annoyed look in his eyes.

"Well, you're talking to me, so it's getting a lot better!" He exclaims, scratching the back of his neck. You find yourself smiling a little more at this as you walk towards the school, leaving Kazuichi to get up to his usual antics. Just before you leave, however, you throw him one question.

"Hey, Soda-kun, do you know where Pekoyama is?" The mechanic takes a moment to think before responding.

"I'm not one hundred percent sure but... She may be in the dojo." He hesitantly replies. Your eyes light up as you stare at the confused teen.

"You're a genius!" You exclaim, striding off towards the small dojo which is located on the far side of the school's premises; out of the way from the distractions of everyday life at Hope's Peak.

"I wouldn't be too sure of that..." Soda manages to grumble before walking into the school building alone, pulling his beanie down over his eyes a little.

If there is one word to describe the dojo it would be daunting. The building itself is small, but something made you feel really unsettled. Maybe it's because anyone who is inside this building could probably kill you... Yeah, it's definitely that. Who knows what sorts of ultimates usually populate the building.

You take a deep breath before walking into the room, almost afraid that someone might try to attack you. Thankfully the room is nearly empty with only one familiar swordswoman sitting at the far end. Pekoyama is kneeling on the floor taking deep and steady breaths, her face devoid of emotion.

At first, you are unsure of what to do, but Peko seems to sense your presence as she turns to face you; her sword clutched in one hand. "Is there anything you require (L/N)-san?" She asks, her eyes opening slowly. You find yourself noting how calm she looks, as though nothing could faze her. You can only guess what she has seen and been through with the title of the Ultimate Swordswoman. Something about how she introduced herself, and how she distances herself from others, makes you think that maybe she has been through more than a few simple tournaments. Hell, the look in her eyes seems to reflect the look of someone who has killed before.

You awkwardly look to the floor, not sure with how to proceed. Something about Pekoyama makes her seem distant and unapproachable as she waits patiently for you to proceed. "U-um, I was wondering if you could teach me how to use a sword?"