Borrowed Blazers Are More Comfortable

"I can't believe you forgot your blazer, again..." The luckster next to you sighs, strolling down the hallway. His eyes drift to your shivering form as a cool breeze passes through the building.

"It's not my fault that you arrived early!" You exclaim, rubbing your arms in a futile attempt to maintain a stable body temperature. Nagito simply smiles in response, slowing his pace to a stop. You don't notice that he has fallen behind until he clears his throat.

You turn around, only to find him holding out his own blazer to you. "Take it." You shake your head, but the luckster takes a step forward with a worried frown on his face. "I don't want you catching a cold..." He explains, still holding the blazer out to you. You try to protest, but Nagito ignores this and continues to push the fabric into your hands. "Please..." He whines, catching you a little off guard.

Tentatively you take it, slowly slipping it on. The first thing you notice is how it is a little bit big due to the height difference. Something you also notice is the fragrance, a strange mixture of old books and burnt toast which seems to be ingrained in the fabric. Despite this, it is still comfortable and warms you up almost immediately.

"Thank you." You eventually mumble, feeling a little better if not a little patronised. You start walking again, Nagito trailing behind you as a soft silence falls. "Nagito?" You question, breaking the silence as you stroll down the school halls. "What do you think of this school?"

Your friend glances at you briefly before turning to face the direction that you are heading. "I think it's amazing to see people of different talents working together to create something beautiful!" He exclaims, a joy filled smile on his face. You find yourself smirking a little, not surprised by his response. "Why?"

"I don't know." You sigh, pausing at one of the passing windows where the Reserve Course building stands. "Something just doesn't feel... right." You shake your head, clearing it of all thoughts, before you continue on your journey to your classroom. "Anyway, I bet that there are going to be seven people in homeroom." You barter, looking over to Nagito who shakes his head.

"Six." He replies, opening the door to the room. It has been just over a week since your first day, and in that time the amount of people turning up to class diminished; mainly due to the lack of a consistent teacher. Today is no different with only Koizumi, Sonia, Kuzuryu, Tanaka, Saionji and Tsumiki having turned up.

"Damn his luck!" You exclaim quietly, handing over 100 yen. So far you had lost every single time, but your pride and stubbornness keeps you placing bets. Your classmates turn to look at you before returning to whatever they were doing before.

Walking to your seat, you pass Saionji who sticks her nose up a little and then returns to her conversation with Koizumi. Silence falls over the room until the dancer declares that she is going to practice, dragging the unfortunate photographer with her until;

"Hey, (L/N)-san, would you like to come too?" Your head snaps up to the photographer, who smiles sweetly at you, and Saionji, who is wearing a threatening scowl instead.

A part of you wants to reject the offer, but this may be the only time to impress the dancer; or at least to get on her slightly better side. "Sure. That would be really cool Koizumi-san!" Accepting her offer, you stand up and join her side making sure to nudge Komaeda as you walk past.

"It's fine!" She replies, gesturing to Saionji who has stormed off in front. "It takes her a while to prepare, so it would be nice to talk to someone..." She explains in a hushed voice, not wanting to test the dancer's wrath. Her eyebrows furrow a little as she becomes lost in thought.