The Overlooked part 2

Derek was giving the elevator a look over as he tried to think of how to get him and Jennifer out of there. He went and pried open the metal doors and managed to pry them open far enough to see that they were stuck between floors with no way out. Derek then turned his gaze to the roof.

Jennifer followed his vision. "Uh, if you're thinking of using the service hatch, they're bolted from the outside so you'd have to break it. All you'll do is create a lot of noise and tell them exactly where they are."

"Kali already knows," Derek said.

"Not necessarily," Jennifer threw in. "She saw that we got in but she might not know that we didn't get out."

"Well, if I get through there then we can get to another floor," he pointed out.

"Or you'll end up fighting, alone, in an elevator shaft," she countered. "They'll rip my head off before you have a chance to throw a punch."

Derek looked away from her. He had to admit, she had a point. "Then someone has to get the backup generator running again." He got his phone and prepared to send a message over to Scott.

_________

Scott and Peter were running a little wobbly and worn out through the halls as they tried to distance themselves from the twins. Peter collapsed over at the nearest wall.

"That shot didn't last too long," he coughed out. Scott let out a hard breath before he moved to lift Peter to his feet and put an arm over his shoulder. They quickly moved and found a supply closet where they closed the door behind them. "Those twins are really starting to piss me off."

Scott looked out the window from the door and saw no sign of them but knew that they would be around there soon enough. "How the hell are we supposed to get passed them?" he hissed back at Peter.

"Personally, I think that if we keep letting them beat the living crap out of us then they'll tire and give up," he slurred out.

It was clear that Peter was no help so Scott had to find the way out of this. A flash of lightning from outside lit the room for a moment and put a laundry chute in Scott's sight.

"There."

Soon enough, Peter was falling down it and landed in a giant hamper and then Scott fell in on top of him a moment later.

Peter quickly pushed Scott away. "You couldn't have waited like ten seconds?" he said annoyed at him. Scott didn't respond as his phone got a message and he saw that it was from Derek. Peter easily read the message from the look on Scott's face. "They didn't get out, did they?"

They then moved to climb out of the hamper and head out. Scott sent a quick message to Derek telling him not to move and that they were on their way.

_________

Allison, Isaac and Chris were moving through the dark corridors of the hospital, silently. It was so quiet that when Chris brought his gun out and cocked it, the sound practically echoed.

"Uh, I'm going to take that as a sign that you're worried," Isaac whispered to him.

"Stay close to me," Chris told the two of them.

They walked a few steps but Isaac stopped suddenly. "I think I just heard something."

"Where?" Allison asked him in a whisper.

"Below us." Isaac then went and laid down on the floor. He settled his head to the ground and had his ear firmly to the ground. He could hear the sound of frantic footsteps. "They're someone moving down there. More than one."