Chaos Rising

Allison was driving her and Lydia off in her car while Lydia was tracing the bruises on her arm. She then put their arms together again.

"I don't know," she said. "It doesn't look like much to me."

But Allison was determined. "No, it's a pattern. It means something."

"You really think that Scott's going to know what it is?" Lydia asked doubtfully.

"No," she admitted. "But, he might know someone who does."

"But how do you know it even means something at all?"

"Because, that girl wasn't just looking for Scott. She said that she needed to find him. Like she had to find him and that means something."

"And Stiles," Lydia said making Allison look away from her to the front. "Allison, that girl was looking for both of them. Maybe...we should go to Stiles instead?" she said trying to tread delicately. After all she could practically cut the tension and hostility between them with a knife. "I mean, he does seem to be the one that knows more about this kind of thing."

Allison let a heated puff from her nose. Stiles' jabs and taunts back at the school were still fresh on her mind. "No, we go to Scott first." She said it in a way that clearly said that the matter was settled.

Lydia let out a small sigh and then let her back fall flat against her seat as Allison went and drove them off faster.

_________

Scott and Stiles were both walking down the sidewalk passed a few houses as they were heading towards a house that had a few people already in front of it.

Stiles looked over and saw Scott looking at him. "What?" he asked.

Scott's eyes widened. "What do you mean what?"

"I mean, what? And you know what."

"What what?" Scott said back.

Stiles narrowed his eyes at him. "That look you were giving."

"I didn't give a look," Scott defended himself.

"Oh, it was a distinct look Scott," Stiles spat back.

"What look?" Scott said raising his voice a bit.

"The look that says the last thing you feel like doing is going to a party."

Scott huffed. "It's not that. It's just...weird to be going to another high school's party."

Stiles shook his head. "Trust me Scott, it'll be fine. Have a drink and meet some new people, you'll be fine. Besides, I went to nursery school with this girl. She promised that she would introduce us to all of her friends. Girl friends," he emphasized. When he got the invite, Stiles had taken it as a sign. With Allison back in town, Stiles could see that Scott was edging towards going right back on that trail of treachery that led back to that young hunter. Scott was really turning himself around and the last thing he wanted was to see Scott start to drop back in the dumps again, for Allison. "Okay, we need this," he continued. "No Allison. No Lydia. Tonight, we are moving on."

At the mention of Allison, Scott felt his phone vibrate and took it out to see that Allison was trying to call him. He wanted to pick it up...but he found himself just dropping the phone back into his pocket. With both Ms. Blake and his mother telling him that they were worried about him slipping back into his old habits, he had said that it would be different. Before, whenever Allison had come into the picture, he had dropped whatever he was doing to go straight to her. If he did it again, he might not stop and really would just end up right where he was before. "You're right," he said to his best friend.