The Overlooked

A strong storm quickly descended over Beacon Hills and the hospital had instantly transformed into a madhouse. Doctors, nurses and EMT's were rushing through the halls as they were rolling gurneys and carrying patients and portable equipment out of the building.

Melissa McCall was included in all of this chaos. Her nerves had already been high enough that night when she heard that there had been another death at the school. A teacher had been killed at the recital and she had no word from Scott, Stiles or the Sheriff. She was trying very hard to stay focused on helping with the relocation. She kicked into high gear when a tree branch flew in and shattered a nearby window shocking her, as well as everyone next to her.

"Okay!" she called through the roar of the storm outside. "All identification should be sealed inside the plastic bags and the patients carry it in their hands," she began to instruct the trainee nurses. "When you've completely evacuated the room you mark the door with a red X, okay?" The nurses then dispersed to begin helping in the evacuation.

One of the doctors pushed his way over to her. "What the hell is going on? The weather called for a mild thunderstorm this morning."

Melissa had a feeling that it was supposed to be just a mild thunderstorm but something, or someone, was behind this surprise disaster. "And now they're saying that power is out in several towns. Hill Valley is under a flood watch."

"I live in Hill Valley," the doctor told her.

It was clear to her that he wanted to get back, most likely he had loved ones back home. She could understand his feelings but there was still some last minute things to take care of here first. "Are your patients clear?" she asked him.

He looked at his clipboard. "All, except for Cora Hale."

Melissa knew that Stiles had brought Cora in and the last time she'd seen her, her brother Derek had been with her. She needed to tell him that they had to move her. And, she hoped that he might've heard something about her son and the others.

Peter Hale was by Cora's bedside wiping the sweat from her brow. Derek had called and told him that he had to head off to help with the Darach and he needed to get to the hospital and watch Cora for him. As he stood by her, he didn't understand why Cora wasn't healed already. From what he heard, she just suffered a small blow to the head. It shouldn't be taking this long or had gotten this bad.

"Hey, anyone want to tell me when they're getting my niece out of here!" he yelled out to the hall amidst the sound of people rushing along outside.

But then someone moved to enter the room. "Sorry, but she wasn't-" It was Melissa who walked in but she froze at the sight of Peter Hale, who took a surprised step back himself. The last time they had seen each other was during their disaster of a date a couple of months ago. Melissa's stomach jumped as she saw him as she now knew and understood fully who he was and what he had done to her son and his friend as well as the trouble he caused. "You're supposed to be dead," she muttered.

Peter shrugged. "I get that a lot," he said nonchalantly before he turned back to his niece.

"What happened to Derek?" she asked him keeping her distance from him.

"He had to go. Said something about helping out with what happened at the school."

The desire to learn about the boys started to overpower her nervousness on him and she stepped forward a bit. "Any word on Scott, Stiles or any of the others?"

He just sent a smirk her way. "If you're worried about your son, don't. He and his friends have a tendency of coming out...relatively unscathed."

Funny enough, that didn't make Melissa feel better. But the tension jumped up when the monitors started to beep more quickly and loudly right before Cora sat up in her bed and then gagged out a mix of black blood and brown powder. Melissa's eyes widened as she recognized what the powder was.