Chapter Thirteen

A special shout out to this wonderful wattpader. Izzl_Slay Like I stopped saying a while ago? Drop your comments.. Tell me your thoughts. Get noticed... I want to know my readers and spend a few minutes answering their questions... Just, feel FREE.

The guard who had helped Martin's the other night walked into the room and sat on the bed and began to rub his temples.

"Hey! What's your name?.. I mean, you're accomodating me and I don't even know your name" Martin said as he smiled.

"The name's Sergius. The king's right hand man. Or so I thought?" he replied tying the lace of his

"What do you mean?" Martin asked having recognized that the name was mentioned at one time.

"I and your king are actually childhood friends and when his father died, I left until he enforced a stupid law of parents and firstborns" he replied.

"So what happened?" he asked and Sergius looked up and smiled.

"He treats me like we don't have an history" Sergius said and stood up then shrugged. "I guess it's because he's a King now. Anyways I gotta go... I'm on patrol duty today" he said and walked out. He walked to a secluded area in the forest cause he wanted to talk to Gerald. Some pieces of the puzzle were not just right.

"Gerald" he called out but softly too.

"Yes? How can I help?".

"What do you know about those gloves?".

"My mum told me that it was formed with the power black magic and that of the red gem".

"I feel the golden circle is more powerful than the red gem" Martin replied.

"But remember the gloves formed the circle which Elizabeth lies in now" Gerald said.

"Come to think of it, the golden circle must have been in your room for a long time right?" Martin asked as Gerald said a yes trying to see what he was driving at. "and the prince threw the same golden circle to her... How possible is that?".

"I don't know but remember, it's magic... Anything is possible"

"Why was it even there?.. Wait a minute... Gerald, where'd you bury your parents?" Martin asked getting excited.

"I actually never saw my mum's body...just a piece of her bloodstained cloth which I buried" Gerald replied and Martin smiled widely.

"Now we're getting somewhere".

"Wait a minute... You don't really think..." Gerald said as his voice trailed off.

"Yes, there's a big possibility that your mother's alive" Martin said and smiled feeling smart to have connected a few dots together. He went back to the palace and Sergius was leaving as he came in.

"Hey, I'm escorting the king to his father's tomb so I might be gone for a while" he said.

"Going to pay respects?" Martin asked. "I kind of doubt that. He goes there once ever week and makes whoever goes with him to wait a long way from the tomb... Gotta go" Sergius said and left. Martin marvelled at the opportunity. It was a good chance for him to take a good look at the King.

The king came out of the palace clad in his complete royal attire. His eyes showed weariness and his hands? Martin couldn't tell because they were clad by a pair of black gloves which Gerald knew that if it wasn't his only but would surely be the major source of his power.

The small party walked for a ling time as he closely followed. It got to a place where everyone who accompanied the king stopped and he proceeded on his own. He walked for about thirty minutes and the king went into a cave. He was there for about ten minutes and Martin was becoming restless waiting so he went close to the cave and peeped in. He almost screamed but he knew better than to do that.

A man clad in royal regalia stood in front of Lancelot and a quick guess, it was king Frederick. His head was tilted in a manner that proved that he was indeed dead. Lancelot clasped his hands together and had his eyes closed as he murmured some words. Frederick stretched his hands and a very black ball of cloud floated in it. After sometime Lancelot took the ball and held it in his hands with a smile. He kept on murmuring some words and then, pressed the ball and it vanished like dust. The prince's expression changed and his eyes turned from sky blue to Violet.
He screamed in pain and Martin was tempted to go help but he stood his ground and watched as Martin's mouth went ajar at what happened next.

A jaguar which looked like a spirit jumped out of Frederick's body into Lancelot's. His screams became louder and after sometime, it ended. He stood up and clasped his hands together and murmured a few more words then changed to a jaguar and then to his real self again and sighed. With a downward movement of his hands, Frederick's body glowed a pale deathly colour and went down the earth.

There were no marks on the earth to reveal that a body had been brought out of its resting place. He smiled and straightened his clothes before walking out of the cave. He was a long way off before Martin went into it. Snooping around, he saw nothing.

"He must be getting animal forms from dead owners to give to his son" Gerald said as Martin knelt and felt the earth. There was something down there. An opening. A place. Bringing out the golden circle, he place it on the edge of that spot. The circle shone and the earth fell in and sure enough, there was really an opening. He moved forward and mistakenly kicked the circle into the opening. He made to jump in but Gerald stopped him.

"That's the spirit world"

"And why is an entry here?"

"Every grave or tomb of a dead person has an entrance to the spirit world"

"I've got to go in there" he said prying into the hole when a strange gust of wind came up hitting him in the face, throwing him off balance.

"What was that?" he asked regaining his composure.

"A spirit has escaped and it has the circle"

"How do I know who it is?"

"Well, a spirit won't take or go close to salt... They tend to start fading away if they stay around it for to long and whoever it is will be around the palace. It's aura was that of revenge" Gerald said and Martin stepped away from the opening as Gerald used his powers to close it up. He entered the palace as the guards at the gate stared at him until he entered the room. He found Sergius putting on a uniform.

"Where to now?" he asked Sergius.

"A princess was announced to arrive soon".

"Ever heard of her?" Martin asked.

"No... Not even The King"

"Name?"

"I think it was a Madeline...yes princess Madeline" Sergius replied and walked out.

"Princess Madeline Uh?" Martin asked both one in particular.

Yaay, another chapter completed...Please excuse or point out my spelling mistakes to be corrected. I use my phone  to type and upload and these things are bound to happen...

Are you thinking what Gerald is thinking?

Another shout out to those who have read it this far.