Chapter Seven

If you really love this chapter, please consider giving it a vote it'd really mean alot to me... Those who have read it this far, I want to thank and appreciate y'all. Thanks guys..

      "I want it perfected... King's and queens, princes and princesses will arrive from far and wide... Nothing... Absolutely nothing must go wrong" the chief maid said as she addressed all the maids. She dismissed us and we went to stand at our stations.

     "You should try not to make it so noticeable Trixie...if I didn't know better, I'd say you're head over heels with Prince Lancelot" Mirabel whispered and I blushed. The prince was looking so handsome. I just couldn't stop myself from staring.

      "Isn't he looking so handsome today?" Princess Elena said as I got her ready for the jubilation... It was a large gathering of all royals from around to celebrate what I didn't understand exactly. The maids were supposed to be in uniform.
       I went to my quarters and found mine laid neatly on my bed. If it wasn't that all the maids were were that same outfit, I could easily pass as a visiting Princess.

 If it wasn't that all the maids were were that same outfit, I could easily pass as a visiting Princess

                 The outfit
I got dressed and walked out of my quarters and locked the door behind me. The celebration started in earnest and everyone was drinking as well as chatting and as far as I was concerned, making noise.
      I held a tray containing glasses of wine as I walked from one table to another offering them drinks. I walked to Prince Lancelot's table and offered some of them drinks.
    I offered him but he waved me away and turned back to Princess Elena who was smiling at... What was he saying? I wondered and walked back to the kitchens trying to calm my nerves down wondering what game Lance was playing with the Princess and me and the worst part was I knew the game it was playing. I knew and I let him play it. I let him go on. Everything was getting too twisted for me to handle. I thought of going to Gerald for advice but would he still want to face me after everything?

      "You looked really beautiful tonight... I couldn't stop staring" he said as I sat with him in his room that night. Yeah busy staring at the Princess Elena.
He made a trail of wet hot kisses from my lip down to my neck I gasped as I tried to pull away and when I finally succeed, he had this look on his face.

      "Trixie, what's the problem?" he asked looking into both my eyes.

     "The Princess, she trusts me a lot my lord, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have started this in the first place" I said and stood up.

      "Are you really going to do this?" he asked and I nodded, bowed and walked out of the room. The King's doom was Near and I had to cut all ties with the prince if not it wouldn't be easy to carry out my task.
.
.
.
.
     Princess Elena smiled as she spoke to both Lancelot and me.
     "You both made my stay here wonderful and I want to thank you both"

       "What else should I have done? You are my bride-to-be" Lancelot said smiling and she gave a small giggle and turned to me.

     "I have a gift for you" she said and handed me the smallest of boxes. "It's a god ring... In my town, this ring is said to have protective powers...accept this please"

accept this please"

   "But I couldnt..." I tried to say but she stopped me

    "I am giving it to you... You didn't ask for it" muttering a thank you to her, she slipped it into my finger and walked to the king who had just finished talking with the commander of his soldiers.

      "I'll be on my way my lord" she said bowing down. 

     "Tell your father we have matters to discuss and may the dear spirits of Queen Moira and King Regneild...lead you safely home" the king said and Princess Elena gave a smile and walked into her carriage as I folded and unfolded my fists trying to keep my anger at bay.
      How dare he make fun of my parents memory that way? I had felt the mockery in his voice,  the jest. I was going to make his death so fast.
.
.
.
.

      "Another party? My body's not recovered from the last one and we have to serve another party?" I asked Mirabel who looked at me like I was crazy.

      "Complain all you want darling... Will you order the king to cancel it?" she asked sarcastically and walked to the direction of the kitchens. I had to take the prince's lunch to him. After my little speech the other day, I had avoided him as much as possible.
      I wondered who made the culture of waiting until the royals were done eating. I stood there in awkward silence as he ate. When he was done, I gathered the plates and walked out of his room though it hurt that he didn't even try to talk to me not once.
      I sighed shrugging it off. It was what I wanted wasn't it?
     The party started in full swing as I spat into the wine cups in my tray. My saliva was a drug wasn't it? At least when I wanted it to. I made my way to the king and offered him the drinks. He drank all the wine and asked for more. He kept on asking until he was drunk to stupor.
     He was taken to his room and I was one of the people who escorted him to his room as two guards struggled to balance his weight on them. They laid him on his wide bed and he went straight to sleep as I stood at the door. Not just anyone was allowed to enter the king's room. I walked to the kitchens as the cheifmaid ordered me to take food to the guards outside the king's room. I drugged that too and waited for them to eat then neatly took the dishes back then I walked back to my quarters and waited.
      I was scared of sleeping past the time. The cheifmaid was always the last person to sleep in the palace and when her light went off, I counted to ten and walked out of my room as the howling wind slapped my face. My sword was in my hand and well shielded from naked eyes. I walked to the palace door only to find it locked.
      Using my powers,  I opened it from the inside and walked in. I made my way down the dark corridor and soundless night and found the guards asleep in front of the door. I made sure to avoid their bodies as I walked in and saw the king lying there in deep slumber. Since he had been drugged, he hadn't been able to activate that shield he always activated at night which stopped powers of any sort from working in his room.
      I smirked as I looked down on his face and raising my sword up, I pushed my sword straight through his heart and watched as his eyes widened when my sword made contact with his skin. I took a cup of water nearby and washed his blood off my sword and unto his face.
       Looking around, I teleported back to my room and had a quick wash as I laid down to sleep. Tomorrow was going to me a hectic one.

What do you think will happen next? Believe it or not guys, I have one hell of a rollercoaster ride set out for you....buckle up your seat belts.