CHAPTER THREE

"What do you want to do" I asked him frightened, terrified even as I tried to run out through the entrance of the training grounds.
      Pain surged through my body as I ran... Slowly, Gerald turned into a monster and it made me more scared. I ran to various places until I realized that the door of the training ground was closed.
    It got me more scared as he came close to me growling with spittle running down the corners of his mouth. That's when it happened just like a flash.
    I screamed as pain ran through my body, touching everywhere and pounding against my rib cage, my eyes tired a sharp red color and fire came out my nostrils, it was horrible. I was horrible, I held my head as the pain hit it and flowed through it. Literally enjoying itself as I curled up in pain.
       I screamed again but this time, the sound that came out of my mouth wasn't that of a terrified human but the roar of a lost monster. 
     Gerald looked at me in wonder as he changed back to the human form I first knew him as and using his powers, he calmed the monstrous and I gradually returned to my normal self. Exhausted, I fainted.
.
.
.
.

     "Welcome back" Gerald said once I opened my eyes. I held my head and sat up,taking note that I was in my room. "get dressed and be out for lunch" he said and left the room.
     I entered the dining hall and sat down on the opposite side of the table. He ate silently as I stole glances at him. 

      "Gerald? " I called unsure if he would still be interested in talking to me.

       "Yes Elizabeth" he answered, his voice piercing through my thoughts. "I accept it now...I accept that I am your sister and... a...a monster" I said as the tears I was trying to hold back threatened to choke me.

       "Elizabeth you arent a monster and we were made this way for a reason" he said and walked over to me. Squatting, he brought out a ring from his pocket and slipped it into my finger "it was mum's. It will only come off when and only when you've learnt to harness your power" he added and made to go back to his seat but I held him back as he looked into my teary eyes.

       "Can you tell me more about Mum? Dad? Me? "

      "Okay Elizabeth...it's a very long talk but I'll tell you " Gerald said pulling a chair closer.
.
.
.
.
.

    Martin looked around and seeing no one else in the library, he moved to the counter

     "Excuse me sir but can I borrow this book? " he asked the librarian who stabled backwards in fear with Martin raising a brow.

     "Take it... No need returning" he said and Martin smiled walking out. Taking the old train trail, he kicked pebbles as he opened the book and read on.
.
.
.
.
.
Gerald told me this story.
  A long time ago when humans  were not known here in our world. Mum and dad ruled side by side. I was born when mum had the wolf form but the unified power of the wild comes only once in a millennium and it took mum for a vessel and that's when you were birthed. One night we left to get some berries when Frederick a human and a king who didn't have an animal in him but goes around killing and taking on their animal forms, invaded the kingdom and took both mum and dad's own which is actually our life force. But thanks to my powers I could hear everything from a mile away. Mum promised him that her daughter would come back for him and whispered that I helped you.

     I blinked repeatedly as I saw the hurt and pain in his eyes.

      "Don't worry, I'll make Frederick know that mum wasn't making a threat but a promise" I said throwing my hands around his neck.
.
.
.
.
.

    The next few days were fun and full of energy... He taught me how to use a sword and alot of tricks I could do with my body. I guess I caught on quickly because of the power I possessed. I really felt I was ready.

      "Uhm...Gerald?" I said as we warmed up with our weapons.

       "Yes? " he asked looking up from the sword he had been polishing.

      "Don't you think I'm ready? Because I do" I said as he smiled warmly.

      "You're nowhere near ready little sis" he said as he carried his sword and put it back in its casing.  "Look... The ring's not off yet"

      "But I seriously feel I'm ready. I can attack now and save time" I said as he turned to look at me "look Gerald my Ma and Pa must be worried sick about me. I want to make this fast and go back"

      "You don't know what or who you're going up against... To go back to the human world, you must turn human"

       "Then how'd I get there without turning human? You're just trying to discourage me"

       "You got there by flying over the forest walls"

        "Then I'll just fly over again" I  said and he started laughing 

        "Your flying powers were replaced by teleporting the moment you got to the human world and your beast has come out completely. That's why you have to become totally human by getting the red gem and fulfilling mum's wish"

       "Where do I start my search for the red gem? "

      "You aren't ready yet"

     "If I leave without your permission what's gonna happen?" 

       "As long as that ring doesn't budge, you're in trouble outside these walls. People around know the late queen's ring as well as they know their names. You will be caught by Frederick's soldiers" Gerald stated as a matter of fact.

      "I won't be caught... Kill the king after getting the gem of course " I whispered to myself and got down to practicing.
.
.
.
.

    Concentrating my powers in the center of my body, I closed my eyes and thought about outside the walls of the magical fence. I looked bakes and sighed. Cutting a piece of my dress, I tied the finger where I wore the ring and began my journey just letting instincts guide me.
      Night fell fast upon me and I had to look for a place to camp. Sitting in the middle of two huge rocks, I started a fire to warm myself  as I slept off.

      "Elizabeth... Elizabeth" I heard my so called real name in ragged whispers beside me. My eyes fluttered open and I saw my mother beside me.
      She had the warmest smile and patted my hair softly she was really beautiful the way she was in the pictures I  saw that actually help recognize her.

        "mum? " I asked as she stroked my hair giving me a light kiss on the forehead.

       "how have you been my daughter? I am sorry that I couldn't stay alive to protect you" she said as tears came down my eyes. I know I wasn't supposed to cry. I mean I can't remember a thing about her but strangely enough, I felt drawn to her. Who said blood wasn't thicker than water?

       "Don't worry mum... I'll avenge your death and you'll be happy right? I'll kill king Frederick and the prince" I said wiping her tears.

        "Why would you think of king Frederick and the prince? They have no hand in it" my mum said as my eyes opened widely.

      "But Gerald said... " "Gerald my dear, is the enemy here" she stated.

Phew!!....so who do you bat for at the moment?....  I need some help here guys.... Want to know what you're thinking... I can't do all the thinking.... Drop a comment or a vote #wink#