Chapter 5: Will Lyers

Start from the beginning

"Does..Mike know?" She said, referring to the fact that she's still alive. "No, but he's looking for you. Right now actually." she got a worried look on her face. "He can't. I need him..to think I'm dead." she said in a sad tone. I realized that was the first full sentence I ever heard her speak. "But why? Why does he need that? It would just hurt him." I said and she looked offended. "Knowing Els alive and not being able to save her will hurt him." she replied.
It was quiet for a long time.

•••
Mikes POV:
I had just started looking for, idk, something, when I turned around and saw will leaning up against the tree. "Are you okay?" I heard Dustin say from right behind me. "Maybe we should go get his mom." Lucas said and I was about to agree when will said that he was fine. We all just kinda looked at each other until Dustin half screamed his name. I looked over and saw him unconscious on the ground. We all ran up to him immediately. We shook him and said his name over and over. "Will, are you okay buddy?" I whispered close to his ear. Dustin and Lucas continued trying to shake him awake but gave up eventually after realizing it wasn't working.
"We need to go get his mom." Dustin said with a serious tone of voice. "Yeah, we shou-" suddenly I was cut off mid sentence by a whisper coming from wills mouth. "El?" I heard him say in his sleep like state. I paused. Did he just say Els name? My breathing became shallow. "Uh, Mike?" Dustin said and I turned my head towards him. "Are you okay? Or should we be worrying about two of our friends right now?" Lucas said, keeping his focus on wills unconscious body.
"Yeah, Im fine." I said, still in shock. I didnt tell them about what i heard because theyd either not believe me or they'd worry too much about it, and the main focus was will right now. "Lets all lift him up and take him home." Dustin suggested. I looked at My best friend laying on the ground and nodded my head in agreement.
•••
Wills POV:
"I didn't mean to offend you." I said, staring right at her face. Still pretty, even in this terrible lighting and dirt infested place. She pondered this for a moment and said, "I don't know..what that means." she looked down at her shoes, embarrassed. The guys didn't mention that she didn't know much English, but after considering that her whole life was spent in a lab, its understandable. I walked up to her and sat down right at her side. "It means i didnt mean to hurt you. Your feelings." she smiled weakly. "Its okay, will." I was looking at her and despite being in the place where i almost died, i felt safe.
"I have a question." I said suddenly and she turned her attention towards me. "Why can i see you? Like, why is this happening to me?" she looked like she was wondering the same thing too. She opened her mouth to say something when all of a sudden she got this look of terror. My eyes widened, not sure whats going on. "El" i said putting My hand on hers, trying to take away a little bit of fear.

It didnt work. "Its here. You have to go." i scrunched My eyebrows and questioned her, "whats here, eleven?" she didnt answer but Instead pulled away from My hand. "Goodbye will." she said and i felt sudden panic. My surroundings were fading before i knew it and the last thing i saw was a terrified el in My brain.
~
I woke up with dirt on the corners of my mouth and dried blood on My forehead. I sat up and immediately heard the guys. "Will, youre alive. Thank god. We thought you died, fucker." I heard lucas say as i opened My eyes. "Yeah, what happened?" dustin looked at me with a look of concern.
I smiled. "Im not entirely sure, but Im fine boys. Wheres mike?"
"Well, we were gonna try and lift you but we figured it wouldnt be smart because we'd have to leave our bikes and hopper might come or something and so he went to go get your Mom." I felt a sudden panic run through me. "He cant, if My Mom finds out i'll never be able to go out with you guys again." dustin looked at me and then took off on his bike to go stop mike.
Lucas came and sat down next to me. "Are you sure youre okay?" he started, "because you and mike have both been acting really weird lately." ʻyeah, she'll do that to youʻ i said in my head. I looked at lucas who seemed genuinely concerned and wondered if i should tell him about el. I knew i could trust him but i also knew theres no way he could keep something like that from mike. I nodded and reassured him that i was fine and that mike was probably just upset because he misses eleven so much.
Mike and dustin came back a second later, dustin out of breath from having to catch up with him. Mike looked at me with a look that said 'you good?' and i nodded.
"We should get back. You guys know how My Mom is when Im out too long." they all looked at me worriedly but agreed. I got up and got back on My bike.
"Uh, will." mike said staring at me. "Yes mike?" I responded and he grinned before saying, "your forehead dude. Its bleeding."
•••
Mikes POV:
"You guys are so slow." I fake whined as all the boys took Forever to catch up. I stopped and waited for them. My brain stuck on thoughts of eleven, thoughts of will, and thoughts of hopper. I still havent figured out how he connects to the eleven thing but it was evident he was hiding something. My brain was switching between all of them but obviously eleven overpowered my thoughts most of the time. 'Eleven, if you're out there, please let me know. I love you.'
The boys pulled up beside me, I jumped as they startled me. "You okay?" Lucas asked and Dustin answered him before I could, "he's obviously just day dreaming about eleven." He made a kissy face at me and I rolled my eyes.
•••

Elevens POV:
mike. please stop looking. I repeated over and over in my head, hoping he would hear it somehow. I got a pain my stomach. He was thinking about me. Stop it, i thought. Stop thinking about me, mike. It hurts us both. I love mike but the truth is, i will never see him again. Ever. I am the monster. I am In the upside down. I will be here forever. I didnt want him to find me or even try. It scared me to think about putting him in danger like that. I bit the inside of my cheek and repeated 'please stop looking' in my head, even though the words tasted like salt in my mouth. Part of me wanted to be found, but i knew that was selfish. I could never do that to mike, or anybody else i had grown to care about. Let me go, mike, i said out loud. Please let me go.
•••

Mikes POV:
my head started to hurt, i yelled to the boys that i would be right behind and they didnt have to wait. I stopped and leaned against my bike. I was resting My head against the handle bars when all of a sudden i heard a voice in My head. It was el. I heard it so clear its like she was right next to me. "Mike," i heard her say "let me go." at first i felt confusion, and then anger. This wasnt el. El wouldnt say that. Somebody had to have been messing with me. I jerked My head up and scanned the area around me. Nothing. No one. I was alone. I bit the corner of My lip, if i was alone then what did i hear?
•••

Elevens POV:
He heard me. I can tell. Hes hurting, i can also tell. I feel it. I wanted him to stop, i wanted to tell him to think about anything but me. That he would be okay and he will move on, but at the same time those thoughts burned like acid in My brain. I was trying to think of ways to convince him to move on, and to convince myself to let him. Then an Idea popped into my head: Contact lucas. It was that simple. Lucas would listen. Lucas would help mike move on. 'Lucas, can you hear me? This is el' i repeated in my head. Please hear me.

Lucas' POV:
"Guys, wait up, i still dont see mike," I yelled to will and dustin, "im gonna go back for him, you guys can go ahead to wills house. I'll meet you there" i took off on my bike back the way where we had came from. I could see mike in the distance and right as I was about to yell his name I got a headache, it was so bad I fell backwards right onto my back. I was rubbing my head, kinda weirded out by the suddenness of the headache and how fast it disappeared. I was walking (limping, actually) back to my bike when I heard a voice in my head. "Lucas, can you hear me? It's el. I need you to do me a favor." I gasped, and stopped dead in my tracks. "El" I thought in my head and not even a minute later I heard "yes, it's me, Lucas."
I held my breath. "But this is impossible. This can't be el" I thought.
"Who else do you think could talk to your in your mind." I heard her in my head. Like actually heard her. I rolled my eyes even though she couldn't see me. "Okay, what's the favor?" I said, thinking it real hard just to make sure she heard me. "You need to get mike to stop looking for me. Get him to move on."
"He wont. You know that, el" I said in My head, and i got no response.

Ah okay super rushed chapter jus bc i wanted to get you guys updated, but trust me the story only gets better from here💝 enjoy My loves
-xo ry