Chapter 5: Will Lyers

Wills POV:
Its been a week since i met eleven in the upside down and nothing has been the same. The only good thing is my Mom is a lot less okay with me going out with the guys, and that means i dont have to see mike as much. Its not that i dont wanna hang out with mike its just that i feel so bad about keeping the el thing a secret. If i told mike would el ever forgive me? If i kept it from him and somehow he found out, would he ever forgive me? I couldnt stop thinking about her. I understood how mike felt. At least i think i did, i know they had been through a lot more though. My brain was still filled with thoughts of her though. I was in my bed thinking about her when my Mom called me downstairs. I went down and saw her and hopper sitting in my kitchen. I held my breath.
I knew about eleven but i didnt know if hopper did too. 'Does he know that i know?' was the only thing i could think about now. "Will, honey, mike wants you to ride bikes with him today. I told him you could go but you know the rules. Be back in before the first street light is on." i nodded and said, "okay Mom" and smiled at her and hopper. Hopper was eyeing me all the way out the door. I grabbed my bike and saw mike and lucas waiting for me. "Hey, how long you guys been waiting?" I said riding up to them. "Few minutes, but we dont mind. Lets go" mike answered for the both of them and before i knew it, we were on our way to the forest. "Hopper was at my house." I said to mike and he stopped. "I didnt see his truck." he replied but it sounded like a question. I thought about it and i realized i didnt either. "Thats weird..because he was in my kitchen when i came down. Maybe he parked it somewhere and walked." Mike looked like he was thinking hard. I knew his main focus was finding out if el was still alive, and i felt guilty thinking about it. I knew and i couldnt tell him.

•••
Mikes POV:
hopper was at wills but no truck, it made me think about how suspicious he really is and how little i could genuinely trust him. We reached the forest and my heart was racing fast.
"Come on, guys." I yelled back to the boys. I hadnt even realized how much farther ahead i was than them until i actually stopped and looked. As they caught up i looked ahead of me and stared into the woods. The place where me and el had so many memories, did so many things. I felt something drop onto my pants. "Uh, mike, are you crying?" said dustin as the three of them pulled up beside me. I touched my face and then looked at my hand. I was.

I tried to change the subject by asking the guys if they were ready, but there was no avoiding the worried look on their faces as we continued into the forest.

"Mike, are you sure youre okay?" lucas questioned. "Yeah, i was just-"
"Thinking about eleven." will said cutting me off. This is the first time i'd ever heard him say her actual name and not just "that girl" or "mike and will and lucas' friend."
I looked at lucas and dustin to see if they noticed but it seemed to slip past them. I shook it off. We reached the point where we were when we had discovered hoppers truck. "Maybe it's here," they all looked at me confused, "the truck." I said continuing. They didn't say anything but we all started looking around. "So, besides a truck, I'm kinda confused on what we're looking for here." Lucas said. I nervously said, "any sign that eleven is still alive."

•••
Wills POV:
"any sign that eleven is still alive." I heard mike half-whisper to lucas. I felt a tiny bit of guilt. Of course I felt bad that I couldn't tell mike and the rest of the boys, but this was my secret to keep. I kinda liked knowing something they didn't, even if it involved someone they talked about all the time. It's not like I didn't want to let Mike know that she was alive, but how was I gonna do that without giving myself up? And why would he believe me when i don't even know her, at least according to him I don't. None of them know that I know who eleven was. Everything would be different if they did. I can't explain how, they would just treat me differently. I would no longer be the confused helpless friend who has to hear all the stories of this strange girl. Now I knew her. I understood. Also if Mike knew how I'd been thinking about her, he'd never forgive me. The boys started looking when I started feeling an intense headache coming on. 'Oh god,' I thought, 'is it happening again?' I got off my bike and walked over to a tree, leaning against it with my arm out. By now I could tell the boys were all looking at me even though my back was turned to them.
"Will, are you okay?" I heard dustins voice with plenty of worry in it. "Maybe we should go get his mom." Lucas suggested.
"No, don't, I'm fine." I said as I felt myself fade out of consciousness. 'Here we go' I thought as I felt myself hit the hard dirt.
~
I woke up and coughed immediately. The upside down did not have the cleanest breathing air. I stood up and looked around, I didn't see her. "El?" I yelled, walking forward.
"Mike." I heard from behind me. I turned around instantly and saw her there. She looked worse than the last time I saw her. "El..." I said, my voice trailing off, "it's not Mike. It's will." she looked up and smiled. "Will." she said as if it was a new word she was learning for the first time. "Are you okay?" I said, looking at her worriedly. I knew I cared way too much. Suddenly I was reminded that I was unconscious in the forest. I was just hoping the boys wouldn't tell my mom, or I didn't end up back in the hospital. "Els fine." she said examining me. "Will, blood." she said after a minute. I was confused until I felt something wet hit my nose. I put my hand up to my forehead and found the source immediately. "damn it." I said a little too loud and it seemed to scare her. She kind of just looked at me.