The Vow

"Let's fall in love again, with music in the air

We'll end up in eachother's arms

I'm a stranger in the dark

pressing kisses to your face

And though you'll never know me

You're all that's ever mattered"~~~Senko-Wakamarin

http://senko-wakimarin.deviantart.com/

Prologue

Hundreds and hundreds of years have come and gone and still I haven't found it. Impossible really all my immortal life I've searched and searched unable to find the one thing to give my life reason. I've protected myself kept my name hidden fought and killed to live, with nothing to live for. Strange that I've spent all my time searching for it and yet I've no idea what it is, will I ever find it? T he strongest living fey serving no ruler, with the most pride and courage, I've made a vow upon my own name that I'd find and protect the one thing that gives my life meaning. On my own name that of Cain Cirilai Cirst.

================

Dianna tossed and turned, tangled in her thick blanket she was dreaming again. Of a boy, no, a man with copper hair almost metallic in looks, sharp angular features in a cold face. Even while running for dear life this man had a sense of courage and strength about him. His glowing green eyes void of any warm or soft emotion as if he wasn't really alive. He fought his pursuers with lightning fast precision and deadly strikes, the trolls bumbling and oafish in comparison. As the sun slowly rose over the horizon gradually lighting the scene as he fought on the cliff face stuck between the trees and a lethal drop. Sunlight caressed his perfect features like an attentive lover, and she couldn't help but feel a pang of jealousy at not being able to touch his cold perfection. The sun illuminated his waist-length hair and his regal profile; the way the rays of light caught and held the glimmer of his eyes the way the dust motes played around him like happy sprites. He looked angelic, but for the blood coating his hands and the splattered droplet on his pale cheek. He stood looking sad and forlorn though he'd won the fight, his sword hung low in his loose grip the blade shining with black blood and throwing back the orange glow coating this strange scene.

Looking over the strange woods behind him he looked at it as if this would be his last time, as if he was destined to leave his home for centuries. In a quiet but determined voice he said "it's decided then. I'm leaving, and I won't come back until 'it's' found" He's mentioned 'it' many times in her dreams and yet she's never discovered what 'it' was. He continued softly to himself "anyone I'd like to say bye to?" giving a dry chuckle he wiped his sword on a nearby troll rag-shirt he sheathed it and walked away.