Chapter 24

Play a happy song yeyeyey

8 months later...

Leah's P.O.V.

These past few months have gone by so fast. Chandler and I have been busy signing forms and organizing stuff for the orphanage.

Today was the day that we were going to start renovating the orphanage. We had planned it all out with the staff, who were surprisingly super nice. Chandler and I were just about to head out.

My baby bump had gotten really big over the months. It was really noticeable now.

"Do we have all the paint and stuff?" I ask just as we leave the house.

"I think so, plus the others are bringing more so we'll be fine" Chandler says.

We put the boxes of paint and paint brushes in the back of the car, and then head off to the orphanage.

Things had gotten hard to do with a baby on the way. I would waddle instead of walk, eat a lot more, and I couldn't do as much as I used to. But soon enough, that was all gonna change.

Chandler parks the car once we get there and we take all the supplies in, heading into the main hall.

"Leah! Chandler!" Scarlett, one of the office workers yells, giving each of us a hug.

"Hey!" I giggle, bringing a box of paint over to the floor. 

"We should get started, the paintings gonna take a while" Another girl, Luna says.

Everybody grabs a paint brush, and then we assign what rooms to paint.

"Okay, so the little kids rooms, who wants to paint those?" I ask.

Scarlett, a guy named Jeremy, and a guy named Marco raise their hands.

"So the rest of us will paint the older kids rooms, and then we'll decide what to do for the halls?" I ask.

Everybody nods and we re-discuss our ideas for the rooms. Once we were all set, we take all the paints we need and head off to the separate rooms.

I had done some renovating on the place, to make it more friendly. Now, the little kids from ages  2-5 all shared rooms. There was one big room for the guys, and one for the girls. It was actually their idea, not mine.

All the kids from the ages of 6-9 have the same thing. But 10-17 Have their separate rooms, since that's what they wanted. It was the only thing that stayed the same here.

"Okay, so who knows how to make this look good?" I ask, everyone laughing after.

Nobody answers, but then Luna steps up. I was very relieved at that, she was a really good painter.

"So I was thinking we could start off with a small black background with some blue stars, and then put a wavy rainbow besides, and then do a bunch of cool stuff" She explains.

"Sounds good" Chandler says, and we all grab some paintbrushes, Luna explaining more.

After a while of painting, Chandler decided to be funny and smear some blue paint on my face.

"Wow Leah, why so blue?" He chuckles.

I clench my jaw at him and slap some yellow paint on his shirt.

"Hey!" He wines.

"That's what you get you- you yellow...I don't know what to call you but you're a meanie!" I try to insult him.

I go back to painting until an insult comes to me.

"You yellow marker that was used to colour over something dark and now colours a really disgusting yellowish-brown!" I yell out. Credit goes to tumblr or wherever I found this insult haha