Chapter Two-Love in the air? Nah,I'm overreacting again

¤Lissa's POV¤

I don't quite understand why Devon was looking at me so intently so I look away.

No matter what,I am thrilled that he's LOOKING at me!!

Leandra seems to have also seen the stare so she pokes me in the ribs and smirks at me.

"So you and Devon eh?"she asks with her eyebrows raised

"Trust me,I still haven't talked to him since that day. Maybe he's looking at something else behind me,I mean we are in a museum"

A man comes over to where our class is and introduces himself as the curator and the tour begins so our conversation ends.

After thirty minutes(which feels like 10 hours) of explaining the history and purpose of the trip to the museum, we're finally given the freedom to go around ourselves.

"I want to ask him a few questions and maybe look around a little.
Please tell me you won't feel neglected" Leandra questions me.

"Of course not Lee,take all the time you want.
It's not like I'm even interested in this.
Have fun!"

"Okay,thanks Lis"

I watch her running after the curator and sigh.

Well all I can do now is find a quiet place to stand and wait till this whole thing is over.

"Left alone eh?"

I look up and I'm met by the mesmerizing blue-eyed Devon.

I choke on my saliva and start coughing.way to go self! I just made myself look silly infront of Devon.

He pats me on the back till the coughing fit is over.

At his touch,my body tingles with excitement.

"Um..hi." I finally reply

"Lissa right? I haven't seen you for a while now.You good?"

Wait,is he talking to me? He's actually talking to me?? Whoo-Hooo!!

"Yeah,I'm Lissa.And you're Devon.I'm great actually,you?"

And you're Devon? And you're Devon!?? Are you kidding me,brain? That's all I could say? Of course he knows he's Devon.

"I'm good too.Considering how I'm surviving this boring thing,I'll say I'm doing very well"

"I know right! so boring" I say as I roll my eyes.

OmG!!!We have something in common,I'm dying.Just kidding but OmL,he's talking to me.

He tilts his head and grins.The moment becomes magic when he moves closer to me and says

"Let's meet and talk later.You game?"

"Yes!,..I mean yeah,sure.Um..where?"

"At Vinny's Fro-Yo joint.After school.I'll be waiting."

He says as he walks away to join the rest of his class as it's time for us to leave.

Oh my goodness.I have a date with Devon Knight!!.

Well maybe it's not a date but heck! I'm going to hang out with Devon!!

Leandra joins me as we get on the bus and the first thing she says is "Spill it!"

"Spill what Lee? He just said we should meet up and talk after school"

"Come on Lis,that's all? Where anyway?"

"At Vinny's"

"Oooh,Love is in the air,air air" she sings or rather croaks in her horrible voice.

I playfully punch her and turn my face away but heaven knows just how much I am blushing.

*************************

Comment

Like

Vote
🔥🔥🔥

Tell a friend to tell a friend and share if you like.