21. Suspense

**Awooga** Dirty, dirty filth ahead. 18+ only. Smut central. You have been warned. 

"This is the last interview, isn't it? Who are we with?" says Kevin, as the band pile out of the minivan and stand huddled on grey paving slabs outside a tall glass and concrete building.

Esther tucks in a few stray strands of her hair that are flying in the wind as she checks their schedule, "This is... Scoopla, with Justin Hill," she says. "Oh, I remember Justin - he was really sweet," she says, referring to their last visit to Australia, "he was quite the fan as I recall," she says with a smirk, her eyebrows dancing as she looks at Mitch.

"Mmhmm?" Mitch murmurs, his face blank, "Justin? I don't recall." Under normal circumstances he probably would've remembered just fine, but right now he's a little distracted. Currently he's staring at Scott's ass as the taller man bends to stash a pair of large headphones and an ipod into a bag. He can't help but picture the lace underwear that he knows Scott is wearing, which, to be perfectly honest, has been a continuous distraction all day. He meets Scott's gaze as the taller man stands up and they exchange a thirsty look. At least Scott is suffering similarly, he thinks.

"...Mitchie... earth to Mitch," he hears, just catching the tail end of what Esther was saying. "Hmmmm?" he says, turning to see her looking at him quizzically. "Oh, sorry... I think interview fatigue is kicking in," he says. It's at least plausible, as excuses go.

"Justin," Esther says with emphasis, "we met him last year at that Sydney radio bash; Blond, built, partial to a bow tie."

Scott's eyes narrow and he gasps, snapping his fingers at Mitch "Oh, I remember; he was outrageously flirty with you!" he says, as the memory floods back. He sounds a little possessive, even though he was really trying not to.

Esther rolls her eyes. "Oh please, look who's talking," she says in an exasperated tone.

Mitch giggles, "Only got eyes for you, babe," he says, slipping his arm around Scott's waist and moulding into his side. Scott sighs and runs his hand down Mitch's back, stopping as he feels something unfamiliar under the black t-shirt. He smiles, pinging the bra strap a little. Mitch responds with a swift slap to Scott's shoulder.

"Ow!" exclaims Scott, laughing.

"What?" says Kirstie, studying the exchange. "What's with you two this morning?"

"Nothing. He's just being annoying," says Mitch. Scott pouts, sticking out his bottom lip as he looks down at the other man, who's now fighting to suppress a smirk. "Fucking stop it!" Mitch hisses quietly, sliding his hand slowly under the back of Scott's shirt and running his fingertips across the top of the lace just below the waistband of his jeans. Scott jolts slightly in response and Mitch giggles quietly.

"Stop it, the pair of you!, says Esther, glaring, "C'mon, in we go," she says, clapping her hands and herding them all towards the building's main entrance.

----

Mitch is once again having trouble focussing on the interview, but this time for different reasons. All he can think about is how he wishes Justin would just keep still. Seriously, it's like being interviewed by a toddler. He struggling to maintain focus on anything other than the sway of the chair, his body gradually tensing with the desire to make it stop. Can't he tell how distracting that is? Why put him in a swivel chair in the first place? Who's idea was that? He takes a slow breath in.

"Now, exciting things have been happening..." Justin says, and Mitch snaps back into focus in preparation for the following question. Justin gestures towards the trio, "Congratulations on your engagement," he says, looking directly at Kirstie, who's sat between Scott and Mitch on a pale cream couch, with Kevin and Avi perched on stools behind.