-Special fanfic-

Hey guys! So I published this before but I have decided to delete that series but i thought that this was a really cute scene featured in it so I decided to post it here as an extra fanfiction you guys can read. I hope you enjoy!

Warning: This is a Cal and Mare Fan fiction about them getting married so FEELS ALERT IN ADVANCE. You need to have read at least Red Queen and Glass sword to continue without spoilers. But if you are a rebel (yes, you over there) and are not afraid, sure, why not.

*I WARNED YOU!*

I gaze in awe at myself through the mirror. Never have I ever looked this fabulous before in my life. My hair is in a neat fishtail braid, my face powdered lightly with make-up and my lips are stained with a crimson red lipstick. I wear a gorgeous flowy white gown that touches my ankles with drapes that are at least a meter long. To top it all off, a veil on my head, a ring on my ring finger and a bouquet of white and red roses and I'm ready for a wedding. My wedding.

I have chosen to be transported to the wedding via Blackrun. To fit with the theme, the wedding is held in the hangar at the Delphie air base. The plane lands and I hear the tires of the plane screech against the tarmac. I've been already dreaming of the life I would have, how many children I'll carry in my arms and how I'd aid in the ruling of Norta. I push away my daydreams for another day and recite my oath again in my head.
"I, Mare Barrow, promise to love you endlessly until infinity, to never leave your side just as you have never left mine. I vow to keep you content throughout your life and to be the wife you deserve. You deserve nothing but the best, and I am here to give you that. I love you, I love loving you and I will continue loving you till death do us part."

A wedding bell overhead the hangar rings resoundingly above me, signalling that the bride has arrived. It's nice to alert everyone that the bride of the King has arrived. The hangar doors open and I feel the electronic pulse that drives the mechanic system. The hangar was given a make-over: rows of chairs have been placed, the chairs painted corresponding the colour of the guests' blood. Flower petals are strewn on the red velvet carpet that leads to the man I'll settle down with. Cal stands at the end of the long carpet and he gives me the most heart-warming look, his bronze eyes welling up with tears. Even from where I stand, I can see that his smile reaches his ears.

My father stands before me with an arm outstretched, aching to hold my hand for the last time before he gives me away. He takes my hand and places it comfortably on his arm, forming a chain that connects me to him. Thanks to the Techies, they helped create a prosthetic leg that allows him to walk and even run. "I was always worried about you," he tells me before glancing back at me. "I was worried that you weren't ready to survive on your own." He then shifts his eyes at Cal, "But now I don't have to worry if I know that you are in the safe hands of him. He will take care of you, probably even better than I ever have, and I know he will." A tear escapes his eyes and I gently wipe it before I realise that my own cheeks are damp. "I love you, dad," I whisper before he hands me over to Cal. Dad looks at him, both of them filled with nothing but respect for each other. "You're a good man Cal," dad says, "I trust that you will take care of her?" Both of them chuckle as if there was an inside joke that I couldn't understand. "Don't worry, Mr Barrow, as long as she doesn't pull off any stunts." Dad laughs once again, shaking his head before adding, "Call me 'Dad' from now on. We are now family, son.". They then both share a nod before dad gingerly removes my arm from his and quickly gives me a kiss on the cheek. "I want grandchildren," he says with a wink before retreating to his seat.

"You look stunning, sweetheart," Cal says, his eyes glued onto mine. "You look not too bad yourself!" He is in his formal suit, a full length pearly white uniform with a black bow tie. On his chest lies all the medallions he owns, each and every one glittering under the sunlight of the open hanger ceiling. His stubble has been trimmed slightly and his hair was given extra treatment: the sides of his head has been shaved leaving the top of his head with luscious black bangs that have been pushed to the side of his forehead.

We step up onto the altar, with both of our closest friends as bridesmaids or groomsmen. I glance at Farley, or Diana, holding her child in her arms. Her baby reminds me of Shade since she has Shade's honey coloured eyes. It's a shame he couldn't be there to see Farley give birth to their child or be here to see me get married. Farley lightly grabs one of her baby's chubby arms and waves it at me, the baby giggling in her arms. Kilorn stands on Cal's side of the altar. They used to have this distaste towards each other, but over the years as they both matured, they started becoming closer as friends. Today, not even their blood can separate their friendship.

I state my oath to Cal, never letting go of his hands nor looking away from his eyes. I finish, eager to hear what he has to say for me. "My dearest Mare, I pledge to love you more than any man has ever loved a woman, more than any silver has ever loved a red. You are my everything: my love, my life, my past, my present and my future. I want to enjoy and share my life with you, I want to have the holidays with you, I want to have children with you, I want everything with you." He reaches out and places a hand on my cheek, using his thumb to wipe away the tears that stream out of my eyes. I reach up to wipe my tears away too, my fingers fumbling against his. "I love you Mare, and I'll never stop doing so till the day I die."

The priest steps forward, he himself welling up with tears. "Do you, Mare Molly Barrow, take Tiberias Calore the Seventh as your lawfully wedded husband?" The words taste like honey in my mouth. "With all that I am, I do." He continues, "Do you, Tiberias Calore the Seventh, take Mare Molly Barrow as your lawfully wedded wife?" Cal laughs before yelling, "HELL YEAH!"

"You may now kiss the bride."

If you enjoyed this, please comment if you would like me to post more of these kinds of single chapter stories! This is not related to the current Red Queen book I'm writing now so there will be no continuation to this story. I hope to post the next chapter tomorrow! :)