Chapter 11- Becoming Alpha

As I waited for the final piece of power to come through my mind kept going back to my sweet mate. The things I would like to do to her. Then it started, I breathed in and out but air wouldn't enter my lungs. Starved for air, my heart raced at tremendous speeds, and my lungs shallowly rose and fell in time. I couldn't breathe, it felt as if someone was choking me. My heart rate was racing and all I wanted to do was curl up with my mate and let her save me from whatever this was. But she wouldn't, nobody would, this is something that has to happen, it seemed as if this was the end of the road for me.

I stood there for what felt like an eternity but was actually only five minutes. Satisfaction of security was nothing but a distant memory, and an invisible force crushed me from every possible direction. Each second submerged in fear made a permanent mark on my heart, and a vivid imagination made me wonder whether it was just my mind playing tricks or reality. The adrenalin flew over my veins like a carp through the river, but I couldn't move a single muscle, not even to scream. The absolute horror completely paralyzed me, and the more I thought about running away, or simply moving a bit, the more I felt discouraged and utterly terrified.

All of a sudden I felt a familiar sharp pain all through my body. That's when I knew it had started and my father was really gone. I knew that the next few minutes would be absolute hell for me. It will feel like the first time I ever transformed.

I fell to the ground, the pain is excruciating. There is no other way to describe it. It feels like my internal organs are shutting down and reforming. I go through liver and kidney failure and feel every nerve in my body scream out in pain.

Within me my heart stops and is transforming, shrinking to two thirds of its human size. All my other organs are decrease in size too.

The deafening screams, I scarcely believe are coming from my own mouth, are silenced as my throat and vocal chords tear and rip and reform into things capable of a haunting howl.

By now a gland in my brain should have flooded my body with endorphins to ease the pain, but this, too, has shut down and I experience every nerve ending as if each individual one contained an inferno.

My skin rips off my own body leaving behind course hair that covers every single inch of my figure. The pigment in the skin below have also darkened.

My teeth grow unbearably long, and viciously sharp. My teeth grow into fangs.

My finger and toenails grow into razor sharp claws and my hands and feet extend into gigantic paws.

By this point my eyes have turned from their normal colour to an animalistic blue.

I look up and see my mother and brother run over to me. They just stand there watching me.

Suddenly the pain stopped.

It felt like I was being sucked into a vivid, intense world, where time seems to move slower, colours are brighter, sounds more perceptible, as though the whole universe has suddenly come into focus.

The a sense of power rushed through me and made me howl calling and letting the pack know I was now alpha and it was time for a meeting. As I shifted back and put some shorts on each pack member made their way to the meeting bay. I didn't know what to say to them but I think just letting my new alpha instincts kick in and let my wolf do the talking.

I look over to my mum and she nods at me encouraging me that it was okay, I walked to the ledge of the meeting bay looking down at all the pack members.

"As you all know my father was in hospital, my father sadly wasn't making any improvements and would never would so he had to be put down making the alpha role go to the oldest son, which is me. I am now your alpha. Whoever has any rejections please speak now." I paused and looked at everyone but nobody had any queries so I carried on.

"Great, I want everyone to keep doing what they doing... I want border patrols to switch every 5 hours instead of 8, keep it tight and clean. Always report to the border guards and I want everyone to be safe in the woods. I am your alpha I will be respected, if you respect me I will definitely respect you. I will do anything for this pack. You are dismissed."

As I dismissed everyone my mother walked towards me. "Dalton that was a great speech, I think you will be a splendid alpha just like your father"

"Thanks mamma"

"Dalton you are an alpha but you are still a student, you go back to school tomorrow"

"Che cosa? Come avrei potuto andare a scuola dopo questo?" (What? How could I go to school after this?)

"English Dalton"

"How could I go to school after this mamma?"

"You wake up like every day, put clothes on and head to school, simple as"

"But Mamma"

"No buts Dalton, you may be alpha but you are still my son, now off to bed, you need a good night's rest" she said as she kissed my cheek and walked off/

"Notte mamma" I whispered as I walked to my room and fell into a blissful sleep.