Chapter 7

"Ok, hold up, hold up." Whispered Codin, peeking out of the Dun Algaz tunnel. 20 metres away, on the left of the road leading down into the wetlands, stood the entrance to one of the many Dragonmaw Orc camps in the are. Two orc grunts clad in tough leather armour stood by the path with axes drawn, patrolling the entrance. Desperate to get past as soon as possible, the band of adventurers wasted no time. Hwinion nocked and drew an arrow and aimed on the nearest orc. Codin drew his sword and Belmin raised his warhammer, whilst Fizzbiscuit charged up a fireball.
"Wait for it... Wait for it." Breathed Belmin.
"Charge!" Yelled Codin, leaping out of the shadows and towards the orcs.

The elf loosed his arrow and the mage unleashed his fireball. The warrior and the mountaineer rushed into the fray and finished off the two grunts, silencing their cries. Commotion could be hear inside the camp, as their orcish brethren had heard their yells.
"Go, go! Let's get out of here!" Hissed Hwinion, as he sprinted across the path to the safety of the other tunnel. The rest of the group trailed the elf, darting back into the darkness and rendering the orc reinforcements left scratching their heads as to what happened to their comrades. The band soon made it out into the fresh air once more, being greeted by the green haze of the wetlands. A light drizzle was falling down on their heads, clouding the atmosphere in humidity and there was not a single gust of wind in the air. 'Uncomfort' was the general consensus.

The 4 adventurers trudged along the path, staying wary of any horde patrols or bandits lurking around the area.
"So where are we headed next?" Panted Fizzbiscuit, still out of breath from his sprint through the tunnel.
"Menethil harbour, a few miles up this road." Explained Codin, scanning the horizon for any threats.
"And will there be a cozy inn and a warm fire at said harbour?" Asked the dwarf.
"Well." Sighed Codin. "If you don't mind a few dozen drunken sailors throwing up cheap beer at your feet, then yes."

Suddenly, Hwinion stopped dead in his tracks.
"What is it?" Asked the dwarf. The elf hushed him, then pointed to the side of path, to one of the many small rivers that criss-crossed the land.
"Hwinion?" Asked Codin.
"Run!" Yelled the elf, taking off up the road. The trio looked at each other in confusion.
"What's his problem?" Asked the dwarf, scratching his beard in a befuddled manner. Suddenly a huge crocolisk leapt up out of the river and lunged at the three men, bearing all of its razor sharp teeth.
"Sargeras' Beard!"
"Run!!!"
The trio turned and ran after the elf, screaming like madmen as the croc chased after them.

They ran hard and fast, eventually out running the huge beast, only to be chased by yet another of the creatures, until they finally made it to the gates and stone walls of the alliance outpost.
"Gods above!" Panted the warrior, collapsing to his knees outside of the harbour.
"Who's bloody idea was this?" Heaved the dwarf, in between vomiting over the side of the bridge.

The group of intrepid adventurers stumbled into the town and almost feinted at the entrance of the inn. It had been a long and busy day.