Chapter 2

"Well met, indeed." Smiled Codin, as the tall night elf heaved him up onto his feet.
"You dropped by just in time friend." He continued, picking up his sword and shield and wiping the blood off the blade.
"It appears I did." Replied the elf. "Allow my to introduce myself. My name is Hwinion of Aldrassil, a hunter new to these parts." He stated. The night elf spoke in a deep, resonating voice. His jawline was a sharp as a blade, his eyes equally as piercing.
"Ishnu Alah, Hwinion." Replied Codin, struggling to remember the little darnassian he knew. "I'm Codin Brackbyrne, of Goldshire. Fought as a sergeant in the 2nd war under General Turalyon and Lord Anduin Lothar. I was at the Siege of Lordaeron and the Battle of Dun Algaz, before being wounded at the Battle of Blackrock mountain, and fought and was wounded again in the 3rd war."
"Fascinating. Ishnu Alah, Codin."

Codin then began to go through his pockets, in order to check what the bandits had nicked off with. Most of his personal affects had gone untouched, although he was missing something rather important.
"Damn and blast!" He cursed.
"What? Is something wrong?" Asked Hwinion, kneeling down and placing his arrow back into his quiver.
"My pocket watch, along with 200 gold." Sighed the Warrior.
"Well, at least you're not hurt."
"I might as well be. I got that forged at a quaint little watch-maker in Lordaeron and kept it on me throughout the Alliance counterattack." Stated Codin.
"Sentimental. I see."
"Yup. Well, thank you, friend." Said Codin, patting the hunter on the shoulder and heading off down the road in the direction of the thugs. Hwinion stood up and watched the man make his way down the path. His conscience began to whir, deciding what action to take.

He made his decision, stood up and raced down the path. He vaulted the fence and caught up with Codin.
"Oh, Hwinion." Greeted Codin, slightly befuddled.
"It came to my attention that you might need some assistance." Suggested Hwinion.
"Oh... Well, I guess it wouldn't hurt." Smiled Codin. He set off south through the forest once more, with Hwinion hot on his heels.
"So where were they headed." Asked the elf.
"Jerod's landing, by my guess."
"Jerod's landing? I've never been there."
"Good. No man should ever have to."
"Why?"
"Well, let's just say it's a frequent stop for Defias gang members throughout Elwynn. And a popular one, too." Explained Codin.
"The Defias crime gang?"
"I'm afraid so."
"Oh dear." Gulped Hwinion.
Rain began to break through the oak leaf canopy, beginning to soak through the gents green knee length cloaks. Codin sighed once again.
"Still up for this?" Laughed the Warrior. Hwinion didn't bother reply.

They passed both the Jasperlode mine, narrowly passing the horde of Kobolds outside, and the Maclure Vineyard, also narrowly passing the juvenile little Billy Maclure. It was not long before the two had reached a suitable point to view the Landing. They both crouched behind a large oak and unsheathed their weapons. Codin slid his sword quietly out the sheath and raised his shield. Hwinion withdrew one of his many arrows and notched it on his bowstring.
Next to the small hut stood the 3 surviving members of the attack on Codin Brackbyrne. Next to them stood a small goblin dock master, flanked by two bodyguards.
"So, I think our best plan of attack is too-"
"Attack."

Codin rushed off down towards the river. He let out a piercing war cry, raised his sword and charged towards the very men that had attacked him nearly a dozen minutes before.
"Great. Bloody humans..."