.5

Dakota Jolee

"Amir, who is that man outside?"

He turned his head towards me with a confused look on his face. "What are you talking-"

A loud knock on the door interrupted him as he quickly stood up looking irritated.

"Wait here."

Walking towards the door, he looked into the peephole cursing under his breath once he saw who it was. I stood leaning against the wall with my arms crossed.

"Who is it?"

"Shhh." He shushed me, motioning for me to go upstairs.

I shook my head. "What the hell I gotta leave for? Who is that man, Amir?"

"Dakota, don't worry about it. Just go upstairs, I'll handle it. Soon as he leaves, I'll answer anything you wanna ask me, ok?"

Rolling my eyes, I turned and slowly walked up the stars taking a last glance down at Amir seeing him opening the door revealing a man with a mink coat on and a gold cane in his hand. He revealed his face as he took off his hat and I squinted my eyes a little seeing how familiar he looked.

The both of them turned their heads towards the stairs probably to see if I had already left causing me to quickly move from the railing of the stairs so I wouldn't be in view. Tip toeing into the room, I closed he door behind and took a deep breath sitting on the edge of the bed now waiting.

Amir

"Where is she?" He asked, holding the unlit cigar to his lips.

"Don't worry about it. What are you doing here? I told you, you can't come here. What if she finds out?"

He sucked his teeth. "I could do whatever I want little nigga. Now I asked you a question, where is she?"

I sighed "She's upstairs. I sent her up so she won't see you. You making shit real hot, D."

"You think I give a fuck if I'm making shit hot? So She gon find out sooner or later whether you like it or not. You the one that hiding, not me so I'm chilling."

Attempting to pass the cigar to me, I quickly declined swatting his hands  away.

"You're trying to ruin everything for me, huh?"

"No, dumbass. I'm just trying to finish what the fuck was started. I want you at the warehouse by 10 pm."

"I'll be there. Just, let me handle Dakota first. She gon automatically think something's up now. She always being cautious now. You know, since her-"

"Yea nigga, I know." Lighting his cigar, he took it from his mouth to speak. "Listen, if I don't see you at 10 on the motha'fuckin' dot, there's gonna be a problem. I'm gon send my people here and they gon drag you and baby girl to the warehouse and Ima handle it from there. You know when I handle shit it ain't ever clean until I'm finished, you hear me young blood."

"Yea man, I hear you. I'll be there before 10."

"Good boy." He smirked patting my shoulder.