The boys are back...kind of.

I hear the bell ring. Taylor hands me the baby which I hand to Joey "I'll do your first English essay!" I tell him. Derek pulls us up, telling me to hurry up. He notices I'm not walking and pulls my hand trying to get me to walk. I keep my feet planted. Not wanting to walk. "What? Are you skipping or?" he ask me "No, but I've walked around all day and my feet hurt." I say pouting "Carry me?" I ask doing a puppy face. "What?" he balks at me "Carry me" I say slowly like you would when talking to a child. "Um, no. You have legs use them!" he says walking off. "You asked for it." I say as I take a run and jump, hoping on his back. "What are you doing?!?" he ask gaining his balance. "Getting a piggyback ride to my next class." He shakes his head but says nothing, he wraps his hands under my thighs. "Oh why don't you have a book bag?" I ask, noticing I did that way too easy for him to have had one on. "Wait I know, to bad boy to carry one. Right?" I ask jokingly. "No, I use my locker like a normal person?" he says in a duh tone. "Well, my old school wasn't the best, and you couldn't lock stuff up tight enough to keep people from stealing it." I say swishing my backpack on my back. "Well, you don't have to worry about that here." he says walking quicker as the warning bell rings. "I'll have to remember that, unless you like carrying me and the weight of my backpack?" I ask him "Eh, it's not that big of a deal, I mean you weigh 100 pounds? 110 at most. Your bag can't weigh but 6 pounds more, so 116 or 106? It isn't that bad. I lift more than this at the farm on a daily basis." he says like 116 pounds is nothing "Oo farm boy?" I say in a thick southern accent "No, I work as a farm hand during the week and all of the summer." he explains

"Do you ride?" I ask curious. "Horses? A little." he says "English or western?" I ask him "English?" he asked questioningly "I'd have to show you." I say hoping off his back as he stops. "Okay. You should come out and see the horses one day." he says "That'd be cool." I say smiling.

I might be picking good friends for once I think to myself. I'm not the best at picking people, while I was in foster care I hung out with the "runaways", or that's what the staff called them. People who had a okay home and ran away for no reason. They "said" that their life was "to hard" and "mommy and daddy's money" weren't good enough.

I pretended that I was one of them. But really, I was like the other kids. A child that no-one wanted, then Kathy, and Jim adopted me. We spent about a year in San Diego, where I had grew up. I got caught up in some trouble, I'd rather not talk about at the moment. So we moved across the country. "Um, are you going to come to class?" Derek ask waving a hand in my face. "Yeah, just got caught up in my thoughts" I say walking pass Derek.

"You're Jayla?" A very deep voice ask. I nod my head knowing that voice from somewhere. Once I'm fully turned around I see a man who's very tall and very familiar. "Batman?" I ask in a small voice. Slightly in disbelief. "Robin?" he ask looking up from his paper. I nod having tears form in my eyes. I run and hug him. Momentarily forgetting about the class of 20 or so students. "Um, as much as I love you. I need you to let me go. It's very unprofessional." Andy says to me "Oh, I'm sorry. I've just missed you so much." I say wiping under my eyes. "I've missed you too." he says looking me up from top to bottom.

Derek clears his throat. "Oh um everyone this is Jayla Carlile. Be nice, and you'll have no problems. Jayla, no back talk, no jokes, and no calling me batman. Okay?" he tells me "So I've gotta call you Mr.Biersack?" I ask giggling he nods his head. "Go get a seat, both of you." he says to me and Derek.

He drags me to the back of class. Once we're seated he says "Batman? Explain why you just called a teacher batman, and jumped into his arms." Derek ask, well demands. "Long story short, I know him through one of my friends. When we were younger we would have movie nights and watch Batman. He was Batman, I was Robin." He nods his head "It sounds really personal, and from the way you bout cried, I'm assuming it is. One day I want the full story." he says. I nod my head. Copying down the notes on the board. Andy uh I mean Mr.Biersack explains what we're going to be doing in this class, and how we will be graded and all that. He ask if there are any questions at the end of class. A skinny guy with skater hair raises his hand "Yeah, so explain the Batman thing?" Andy (I can't call him Mr.Biersack it sounds weird.) rubs his neck "Um, I know her from when I was younger, we hung out a few times." he says looking at me. The boy nods his head looking back at me. "Talk amongst yourselves." he says to the class. "Jayla, come up here please." he ask, I get out of my seat and walk to the front of the classroom. Noticing the stares I get. "How's Jim and Kathy?" he ask when I get to him "They're great, not to happy about having to move." I say chuckling at the end. "What did you do?" he ask, knowing it's bound to be bad. "I'd rather not talk about it in class." I say quietly "Oh and would you not tell anyone I'm adopted" I ask him in a whisper. He nods his head "This is beyond inappropriate. Do you think they would care if I came by today?" he ask "No, you know they love you." I say smiling at him "Go back to your seat." he says shaking his head at me. "You'll have to come by like as soon as school's out. I'm going out with some friends." I say he pulls my arm back "Who?" is all he says in this freaky tone he has. It's like a mix between his normal voice and if he was mad. "Just some guys I met at the skatepark this morning." I say nonchalantly "Jay, do you know how dangerous that could be?" he says as the bell rings. "Yo, Derek grab my bag." I shout over the chatter of kids. He brings me my bag "You two wait until everyone leaves." Andy says. Me and Derek nod our heads "Am I in trouble?" Derek asks "No, but I feel like I need to say this. I've known Jay for a long time. She's going to be mad that I'm saying this. She's been hurt a lot Derek. Please don't hurt her, she's a really sweet girl beneath all the 'I don't care' act she has. I've also heard of the fights you get into on and off of school property. She's probably already told you, she fights as well, she'll also never admit if she's hurt, so promise me if you think she's hurt you'll pull her away. I would but I'm probably not going to be around her as much as you will. Protect her for me? She's like a sister to me." Andy says to Derek. I hide my blushing face in my hands.