"Have you thought about what I told you?" He whispers. Although the room is full of noise, I hear him loud and clear.

"I told you to forget about it." I tell him just as quietly.

"I told you. You are in danger." He tells me, his voice sounding nervous. "That kid you have been hanging around isn't good either. Christian." When I hear his name, my body tenses. "He is not good for you Hundley."

"What, like you were?" I tell him, suddenly enraged. "Look you don't get to tell me who is good for me or not. The only dangerous person here is you. You are a danger to my well being. So I suggest that you get the hell away from me."

He looks at me, the look of defeat on his face. He leans close one more time, "Don't say I didn't warn you." He whispers.

I look up and see that we were being watched the whole time. Christian looks at me, with what I assumed was a saddened look, based on the frown on his face. I just now realize that it looked like Robert and I had been sharing an intimate moment.

I turn to the bar tender, "Another shot, please" I tell him.

I am now feeling the effects of the champagne, two shots, and whatever was in Lilian's drink. I am kind of a lightweight, and a little would already make me feel buzzed. However, tonight I don't care.

I walk to the dance floor, letting the beat of the music take away my worries.

Christian

I couldn't control the jealously spreading through my body. As much as I want to deny it, the attraction is there.

That boy had been way too close to her. Too close to what is mine. Wait, seriously? I can't believe I just thought that.

I scan the dance floor but I can't find her golden feather. I decide to walk to the bar. I need some alcohol in my system.

"I will take some of the Jack Daniels" I tell the bartender. He raises his eyebrows at me but gives me the drink anyways.

"What's up man! Why aren't you hooking up with some hot chick?" Taylor asks me, Tyler right behind him.

"I'm not sure I'm feeling it tonight" I lie to him.

"You are not feeling it? Dude, my dick is always feeling it." Taylor tells me confidently.

I just nod my head, pretending to listen. I see three girls walk up to us, all with dresses that left little to the imagination. They are pretty hot, but they reek of slut.

One of them walks up to Taylor and she doesn't have to say much. Pretty soon he is escorting her to a black corner of the room. Another girl approaches Tyler. He looks at me, a panicked look on his face. I just shrug my shoulders, not knowing what to tell him. As I expected, the final girl approaches me. Now that she is closer, I recognize the all too familiar red hair.

"Hey babe," Ashley purrs as she strokes my bicep.

I take a swig of my drink, staring straight ahead.

"Come on, Christian. There is no need to play hard to get"

"I have something to do" I inform her, turning my body the other way.

She steps in front of me and puts her palms on my chest.

"You seem stressed, baby. I can help with that," She says as she runs her fingertips down my torso.

"I don't think so, Ashley."

I am now worried about finding my way to the roof. I stare at Ashley's hurt look of rejection and I walk away.