Chapter 8

(A/N: Hey guys! I really love this chapter. I hope you like it too :) Please vote and comment. xx)

Hundley

We walk out of the house and I can feel Christian's burning glare on my back. The wind is cold, making goose bumps rise on the skin being exposed by my dress.  I walk in the limo and notice that Christian is right behind me. I scoot to the far end of the seat, farthest away from the door. Christian sits next to me. Too close. Amazingly close. Although I can feel the heat radiating off of him, it only causes more goose bumps.

"Oh Christian! I almost forgot! Here is your tie." Jordan says. "Hundley can tie it for you." She says smirking. I give her a glare. Those two need to stop teasing me about him. Lilian has convinced Jordan that Christian and I would be the perfect couple.

Christian hands me the bow tie, "Will you?" he asks.

"Yeah, sure." I say quietly. He turns his body towards me, shielding me from everyone else with the expanse of his back.  I start tying his tie, concentrating on the loops I had to make. I can feel him staring at me, but I refuse to meet his eyes. It seems that our faces are even closer, an undeniable attraction pulling us together. My brain seems to shut down and the air feels heavy. The noise in the limo dies down and the only thing I hear is our breathing.

I finish tying his tie, smoothing it over. I look at my finished work and realize that his tie clashes nicely with the rest of his black and white ensemble. I also, notice that the red of it matches exactly with my dress. I lean my face an inch away from him, giving me more breathing space. My fingertips, however, decide to rest on his collarbones. I look up at him, our gazes interlacing. He grabbed both of my hands, massaging the palms with his thumbs.

"You look beautiful" he whispers. I feel his cool, minty breath on my lips and my eyes flutter. I don't bother responding. I think if I opened my mouth my heart would fly out of it. His hands move from grasping my own to grasping my wrists. His touch is gentle, something I didn't think those massive hands were capable of. I can't tell if this is real or if this is just another dream.

I've got you.

The moment seems to slow down. Thump. Thump. Thump. My heart beats loudly and without mercy. I close my eyes fully and I feel the ghost of his lips on mine.

The moment is gone and the sound and movement come back with full force. We have been interrupted by our loud friends opening up the champagne. It takes me a while to recover and I notice that Christian already has a glass full of champagne, as if nothing had happened. I am sure my face is as red as my dress, but no one seems to take notice. Lilian offers me a glass, and I gladly take it, figuring I'd need it to survive the rest of the night.

Christian

It's funny how the bubbles of the champagne make it not seem real. Or at least it was too quick to be real. I don't know what came over me, but for that split second that our lips touched, I felt every fiber in my body buzz. Now that I think about it, it is stupid of me to have done that. I am not supposed to get involved with anyone. But I can't control it. I can't explain it either. All I know is that in that moment all I had wanted was the limo to disappear and leave us alone. Even if it was for just a second, her lips made me feel more alive than any other girl ever had when they were ripping my clothes off.

We get to the venue, and it is the most extravagant thing I have ever seen. It looks like I am attending the Grammys, not some girl's high school party.

I put my mask on and show the bouncer my wrist band. I can see a raised wooden area in the middle of the spacious room. People are either dancing in the middle or admiring the artwork on the walls. The DJ is set up on the right corner, and there is a bar on the left. Everything seems incredibly... classy. Everyone has a mask on, so it is extremely hard to discern who was who.