I feel a tug on my hand and I can see a golden feather leading me to the dance floor. My palms start to sweat and the room feels small. I have no idea how to dance. I haven't been to a high school party in ages.

Hundley seems like she has it covered when she holds my hands and tries to move me to the beat. I try and go along, careful not to be too sudden with my movement. Hundley is close to me, yet, only our hands are touching. She dances around me and I can see her giggling. Although there is nothing sexual about the way she was dancing, she looked sexier than any girl in this room.

She tries to twirl around but I pull her back to my chest, her arms crossed in front of her. The air in the room seems to change, and both of us can feel it. To my surprise, she doesn't pull away. She rests her head on my chest and her neck is completely exposed.

My head dips down on its own, moving towards her neck before I can process what is happening. My lips touch her neck, just a feather like touch. However, just like in the limo, she is gone the moment my lips touch her skin. Since she is the one running away, it takes me a moment to process what just happened. I look up and the only remnant of her is the gold feather I can see running through the crowd of sweaty bodies.

Hundley

I have to get away. It's too much. These feelings I feel for him are too much. As much as I tell myself I'm not affected by his presence, my whole body tells me differently every time he is in the room. I am already a little claustrophobic, there was no way I could handle what was about to happen in there.

Why did I even lead him to the dance floor? It's like I did it involuntarily, as if it is completely natural for me to pull him behind me to dance.

I need a drink.

I walk towards the bar and immediately spot Lilian.

"One shot of tequila, please" I ask the bar tender.

"Whoa there bad girl," Lilian comes over and puts her arm around me, her lips really close to my ear, "Going hard tonight?" I can smell the liquor on her breath. How is she already tipsy? We have been here for like five minutes. I look over to a big clock on the wall signaling we had been here for an hour. Wait, did me and Christian dance for that long?

"Lilian," I say, my voice coming out motherly, "I think you have had too much." I take her cup away from her and gulp it down.

As soon as I do that, the bar tender comes back with my shot. I give him a wink and down the shot like a pro. I give the young bar tender a smile and he winks back at me.

"I see you have to flirt for your liquor now," Robert tells me, Lilian nowhere in sight. How did he even get here without me noticing him?

I look him up and down, noticing he is wearing a green mask that covers a little above his eyebrows and goes down a little past the bridge of his nose. Even though his mask covers half of his face, I could never mistake that smile and that confident pose.

I just stare at him, daring him to make another rude comment.

"I'm sorry. That wasn't funny." He finally admits.

"No it wasn't. Go away." I tell him. All I want tonight is to have fun. Every time he is near my emotions go all whack. Well, my emotions go whack when Christian is around too, but for a completely different reason.

"Well, that's no way to speak to your former love, is it?" He asks me, a wicked grin painted on his face.

"I didn't love you" is all I say to him.

His grin falters until it is completely gone. His expression turns serious and I want to flee.

He leans in close to me, his breath tickling my ear. It makes my skin itch.