Five

Louisa Lloyd

Louisa Lloyd

"Have you ever wondered what you did wrong to make everyone else unhappy?"

Letting our doubts and fears out isn't easy. Try doing this with a best friend and roommate like Annabeth and you're screwed.

"Define wrong."

"Like having visions of your old friends gathered around a public pool, watching a dead body floating around in the water."

Anna sits still on the other side of my bed as I continue laying down, eyes closed, playing the scene I've watched a hindered times already, over and over again.

It's going to happen tonight. I'm sure. The moon is shining upon the scene as I stand behind to watch, like every other time I've witnessed this.

It feels like I'm in a movie, watching the actors and actresses play their parts.

Stiles looks over a young man's body in the lifeguard chair.

"It's like the frickin' Shining over here. If two little girls walked out and asked me to come play with them forever and ever I seriously would not be surprised." He's talking on the phone with Scott. The conversation never changes.

"Can you look a little closer? Make sure it was them." Scott says from the phone.

"Make sure? Who else is ripping out throats around here?"

"Please, just look."

Stiles steps closer to the body to discover an interesting detail. A ring on the young man's finger. Leaning close, Stiles reads the single word inscribed on it: PURITY.

"Huh..."

"STOP!" I yell and cover my eyes with my hands, startling Anna, who jumps in the air and cusses violently.

"Lou..." She pats my back but I hug my legs against my chest and bury my head on my knees.

"Please leave me alone for a while." I beg.

Knowing her like I do, she won't leave this room until I tell her exactly what's troubling me. Anna sits by my side, forgetting the freaky experience we were having, and waits for me to clam down. I don't know if I can do that. I feel the fangs against my sealed lips and my eyes burning behind my tightly shut eyelids.

A grunt escapes my lips as I leave my spot on the bed and slowly walk towards the window. It's a good thing we don't have any neighbors or else they would witness one of the scarier things in their lives.