Two

Louisa Lloyd

Louisa Lloyd

"Are you ready for this?" Deucalion pats my back and I step forward.

His cold eyes that haven't been able to see a thing for a few years now are fixated on me and I can sense the protectiveness behind his facade.

He does care about his pack members.

"I was born ready." Rolling my eyes at his somehow kind gesture, and Kali laughs at me.

"I know you're tired of listening to this but it's very important that you don't forget the most important detail." Deucalion's hand lands on Kali's shoulder as the three of us stand behind the immense trees, watching my next victims carefully. "Kali, be a sweetheart and explain it to her."

"The only way for you to become an Alpha like us is if you kill this pack's Alpha. Once you start, you can't back down. I'll be there to help you but it has to be you to slash his threat and end his life."

I nod at her words and the woman caresses my cheek. For the past few weeks, she has been the only one- apart from Deucalion himself- that has been there for me. She has once said I'm like a little sister to her.

And we have each other's backs at all times. That's why she's here with me today. The twins are too busy fighting each other to prove they're better that the other, and Ennis doesn't like me. At all. But Kali does and he has to accept me.

Deal with it Ennis boy.

"Don't be scared." Of course she can see how terrified I truly am. "You were trained for this, you're absolutely ready. You're finally going to be one of us."

I know I decided I wanted to be stronger to save my friends, but when I met the Alpha Pack, I knew I couldn't do just that. I had to be the best. And in order to be the best I have to become an Alpha like all of them.

Always with the images of my friends' dead bodies on my mind, I channel my energies to see the future, my future. I'm going to survive this and become a powerful Alpha.

And then I'll kill every single one of my Betas to gain their powers. Just like I've been taught.

I remember being locked inside a room slowly being filled with water. All I had to do was find a way to escape it. The problem was the room didn't have a door or even a window. There was a pattern on the wall I had to choose correctly in order to leave and open the door. In case of failure, more water would be added to the already flooded room.

I managed to stay underwater long enough to understand the pattern was written on the floor and only visible when fully covered by water.