Chapter Twenty

A/N: Yes, yes, I know. You don't know any of these fantasy terms, what is going on, help pls. I understand, but all shall be revealed in time!

Unknown

I'm a shadow in the silver-moonlit night. I'm a flame in the darkness. I'm a weapon of the bright in the night. I'm all that the eye can see from a distance, and I'm all that will be able to see.

I clutch my dagger in my ashy hand, head down and cloak fluttering in the wind. I clear my throat, and whimper as I feel the harsh sands in the wind pierce my skin, but I'm a warrior. I know what to feel, and what not to. I am strong, and I am not weak, and I can live.

I don't think I've felt this much power within my power, the sensation building up inside me like I can just reach out to the lands beyond me, like I can just see the oceans and look through the distant seas to seek for something brand new. To want to need something within the heart, within the soul that we all wish for.

Cloak wrapped around my neck, dagger clutched in hand, I trudge up the next dune, looking upwards to find a storm coming soon. There will be war coming. War will rise; everyone has known it since the beginning of time.

The clashing of swords will sing within the darkness of this night, on the night of our lives where we have nothing to give but the weapons that our men have. We will kill, and strive, and march until we finally find our enemy and kill him, her, it, them. I don't know what to feel about this, I don't knowhow to feel about this—but I only wish, only need a reason of why I should begin the quest to the new Border.

I had visited too many half-Borders, within an invisible barrier that I couldn't begin to describe and explain to myself how that went. I just always felt like killing, like ripping apart my innocence, and damaging my enemies, but now on the way to a full Border, a completed realm of evil... I could fight them all off with a flick of my wrist, with a plunge of the dagger through their dumb brains. Soon it could all be over.