Chapter Six

A/N: You guys may be thinking: Oh, this is the chapter he said before that it was going to be long! Wow, this is a long chapter. How could he have written something so long? Aha, that's cute. You guys think THIS is long. Well... no comment. But here have some Fravado. That's good, right? Yeah? *mumbles awkwardly, kicks rock into the distance*

Fravado Promprii, the Lightlands

Convincing his Gem that they had to leave was the easiest part of the plan. The day had gone by, and by the time he had said, The Darklands, their conversation took a turn for the best.

Fravado had held her in his bedchamber, feeling their skin against each other, when he had whispered to her, "I'm leaving here, and you're coming with me," leaving a warm kiss of satisfaction on her nose, brightening up her day. They both smiled at each other, like nothing could tear them apart, but by the second they looked away, something felt almost wrong and right at the same time. Something felt like it was blooming, fading, blooming, fading—the darkness of the room? The colours of Gem's face?

She had replied back to him with a simple kiss on his mouth, leaving a piece of her love on his tongue, "I love you, therefore I'll come. But where to? The villages? The goddamn Forevermore Lands?" His Gem looked at him with crystalline eyes, sparkling with a powerful blue that sparkled like a real gem, like a real gem that shined in the air, waiting to be with him to love, to share, to become, to dare himself to do whatever he felt reasonable to do. His Gem kissed him, and poked her tongue in his mouth, giggling. He smiled.

"No, I'm heading to the Darklands to take the throne, my rightful throne. The king will never know that I'm the rightful heir to the throne. I'll kill the assassin, and take his place for my own and then take the throne to be mine. I am but a companion, but will be but a mission. I will be the assassin's mission, and his my mission," Fravado spoke with an elegance that felt as if he was an elaborately designed person, just like the bed he lay on every night, wishing for a dream of wonder and calmness. "Thus we shall go to the Darklands together. We shall trick a ship owner, and we shall sail off to the lands of which I've never been, of which no Messenger has ever been, and we shall make history together—you shall be my queen, I shall be the king."

"We—we shall be royalty," his Gem smiled, giggling while she covered herself with the blankets just in case his or her Majesty walked in to say that the moving of the Keep to the Empire.

Fravado looked at her, smiling, as well. He thought of a way that they could both be together, and yet have everyone looking at them, as if to say that they were together and tough and brave. They were going to be soft, and warm, and beautiful. Everyone would fall in love with them, and make sure that they were all safe and full of discovery and almighty power. They would be of love, of friendship, of joy, and would cross the lands—the Dark and Light—and discover new kings and queens, and Houses. There was currently Gramsion, Dormell, Farighan, Ganison and Yraniton. Five, but soon to be more. And their symbols would surround the lands, and rejoice as individuals, fighting in battles and fighting in pairs. Fravado felt a joyous feeling in his stomach, like he was leaping with excitement, like he was almost reaching out to someone but there was a someone here. His precious little jewel, his Gem of love.

"And we shall be off soon. We shall discover new things, search new lands, find out what's here, and there, and surrounding the here's and there's. We shall be together for all that time. And I'll never let another man touch you—but I." Fravado turned his tone of joy into a mysterious and dark, deep and elongated, twisting and frightening voice that Gem giggled at, for it brought her excitement and a particular emotion that made her felt gooey inside, like she wanted to spew out happiness and drink a glass of wine with her lover, her other heart, her beating love.