38

Justin:

"Say you missed us!" Ryan shouted at Kayden. He had her pinned down to the carpet of my living room. Chaz and I were just sat on the couch watching them.

"No! Get off me!" Kayden screamed back. "not until you say it" Ryan told her. "but Justin says it's not good to lie!" She exclaimed. I let out a chuckle. Ryan glared down at her. And then he brought up his hands and curled his fingers, threatening to tickle her.

"Justin!" Kayden screamed, now clearly scared. I sighed and got up. "alright, Ryan, Get off." I told him. He pouted but let Kayden go. I bent over and picked her up and brought her back over to the couch.

"I know Kayden missed you. She kept going on and on all weekend about how much she wished you were there." I lied to Ryan.

Kayden furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. I sent her a hint hint, nudge nudge type of wink and she understood.

"see, would that have been so hard to say, Kayden?" Ryan asked, motioning to me. "Yes." She replied with a straight face. Ryan glared at her and she returned the favor.

I rolled my eyes and moved Kayden over to Chaz's lap.

"Hi Chazzy." She greeted him. "Hi Kaydie" he returned, smiling at her. Ryan came over and sat next to me.

"Let's watch a movie." He suggested. We all agreed and Ryan popped in grown-ups. Man, I haven't seen this in a while. Towards the end of the movie, I noticed Kayden had fallen asleep in Chaz's lap. I smiled and reached over, taking her into my arms. Chaz gave me that 'thank you' look. I nodded at him and held Kayden against me. When the movie ended, Chaz and Ryan left. They both kiss the top of Kayden's head before walking out the door. She still slept peacefully in my arms. I couldn't help but smile and I kissed her temple. I decided it would be easiest for her to spend the night. I was too tired to bring her back to her house. I called her mom and told her Kayden was staying over. "Okay, thanks for letting me know sweetie." Kate said. "yup. Good night." I replied. "Good night" she said before hanging up. I set my phone down and lifted Kayden up, bringing her upstairs.

I ran into my mom in the hallway and she smiled at me. "Look at her. She's so precious." She cooed, moving a strand of hair from Kayden's face. "I know" I smiled, looking down at her in my arms. "well, see you in the morning, sweetheart." My mom said, leaning up and kissing my forehead. "Night." I replied before going into my room.

I laid Kayden down gently in my bed and put the covers over her small body. I leaned down and kissed her forehead before changing into just sweatpants. When I returned, Kayden layed in the same position, all curled up in a ball, making her look 10x more adorable.

How did I get so lucky to have her in my life?

I lay down next to her and brought her gently into my arms. I held her against me, her face buried in my chest. I looked down at her. She looked exactly like she did when we were 11. Somehow, she managed to look younger when she was asleep. A memory from when we were eleven suddenly came to mind and I smiled, remembering it.

Flashback: "come on, Kayden. Try it!" I begged. Kayden looked up at the giant roller coaster in front of us and shook her head.

"please Kayden. Ride it with us." Ryan tried, going to grab her. "No!" Kayden screamed, jerking away. People around us looked in our direction and I casually smiled and waved at them.

"Kayden, I've been on this ride before. It's not scary at all." Chaz tried to assure. "I don't care. I don't wanna go." She said, her arms wrapped around herself. I sighed and stepped towards her. "Kayd, i'll be right next to you the whole time. I promise." I told her, my hand on her arm. She shook her head again and I decided to just give up.

"Fine. Me, Chaz, Ryan will go on while you were here, party pooper." I told her. She smiled, unaffected. "Okay guys. Don't die!" She Said. I rolled my eyes. The three of us got on the ride. And as it turns out, the ride shut down halfway through our turn, leaving us stuck on a hill for 20 minutes. When we got off, Kayden was smirking at us. She was about to make some smart aleck comment, but I cut her off.

"shut up." I wrapped my arms around her and we continued on.

I returned my gaze to Kayden and kissed her softly on the lips, careful not to wake her.

I wrapped my arms tighter around her and soon drifted off to sleep.