37

Kayden:

"wait, Justin!" I called. "No! Hurry up!" He returned, looking over his shoulder.

I stopped running and crossed my arms, glaring at the back of his head. He realized I wasn't following him anymore and also stopped, looking back at me.

"what?" He asked walking towards me. "You're mean." I replied, still glaring at him. He chuckled.

"Aww. is my baby upset?" He cooed, grabbing my waist. I didn't respond as I tried not to smile.

"come on, let me see that gorgeous smile." He said. I pulled away from him, still fighting a smile.

"alright, I see how it is." He stated before bringing me back to him and tickling my stomach and sides. I started laughing uncontrollably and tried to get away.

"hey, there is that smile that I love." He stopped tickling me but still held onto me.

"I hate you." I told him. "I'm sure you do, sweetie." He replied, unconvinced.

"Now let's go swimming!" He cheered, grabbing my hand and dragging me towards the pool they had at the resort.

Once we got there, I noticed there were many people. Just an older couple and one or two parents with their kids.

"Come on, Kayd" Justin said before jumping into the pool. I rolled my eyes at him. I set my towel down and slipped off my shorts, top, and flip-flops.

Justin came up from underwater, flipping his now soaked hair to the side. "hurry up, slow poke!" he called up to me.

Okay, he was getting on my nerves.

"Shut up!" I told him before going over and hopping in as well. The water was a little chilly, but it wasn't too bad.

"Finally." He said, swimming over to me. I gulped, looking around me at the water. Ever since I was little, I have been afraid of drowning.

"you doing okay?" Justin asked, grabbing my waist gently. He knows my fear and always make sure I'm okay when we go swimming.

I nodded, looking up at him. He smiled and leaned down, kissing my forehead. "Kayden, you're safe with me."

"I know." I said, returning a smile. "Good." He kissed my nose before swimming away.

I took a deep breath and went underwater. I was only down there for seconds until I felt someone else's presence.

Then I felt them... Kissing me??

I grew afraid not knowing who it was. I opened my eyes, and everything was blurry. But I could just make out the figure. I calmed down, seeing that it was Justin. I began kissing back.

Soon, I was running low on air so I broke away and returned to the surface.

Justin came up right after me and was smiling. "I have always wanted to do that." He said.

I punched him in the shoulder. "You scared me!" I exclaimed. "Yeah, I noticed." He replied with a chuckle. "kind of ruined the moment. Maybe we should try again."

He went to grab me again and pull me under, but I quickly swam back a few feet.

"No." I said, shaking my head. He glared at me and splashed me with water.

"Hey!" I exclaimed, splashing him back. But since I'm a girl and all, it wasn't nearly as big of a splash.

"Aww. That was so cute." He cooed. I crossed my arms and he chuckled. He swam over to me and kissed me lightly.

"I love you, Kayden." he told me with a smile. I rolled my eyes but said, "I love you too."

The weekend flew by. It was already almost time to leave. I had a pretty good time. Well, besides the party, but no need to talk about that.

"Hey, Kayden, come here!" Justin called over to me. I nodded and toss my last bag into the truck before going over to him. He was hiding his hands behind his back and I gave him a suspicious look.

"What?" I asked him. He smiled at me before bringing out or stuffed alligator from behind his back.

"an alligator for my Kaydor Gator." He told me, handing it to me. I looked at it, then him. He was still hiding something else too.

"Annnd, a teddy bear for my Kaydie Bear." He said, bringing out a small stuffed teddy bear. He gave that to me too and I laughed.

"you're so cheesy." I told him while giving him a hug. He shrugged as we pulled away.

"I saw them up at the gift shop and thought of you." He stated, I smiled and said "Thank you, Justy."

He smiled to and put his arm around me and we walked together to the truck.

Home sweet home, here I come.