[12]

I woke up to a painful buzzing feeling inside my head. My eyelids far too heavy to open all the way so, I view the world in a half blurry daze.

"Ah rise and shine Y/N!" I hear a cheerful voice say.

"What, What happened?" I say mumbling.

"Well I rescued you of course! I stole you away from those dreadful heathens and brought you back home. Hopefully you enjoy my company far better than that of that horrible jailor." Pagan says, I can sense motion but, my vision still remains blurry.

"The jailor?" I say confused.

"Ah don't mind about him. Right now I've got a schedule for us, There's a beautiful corner in Kyrat I've been dying to show you." He continued to talk but I finally start to recall the past events.
Pagan...killed that man.

"Pagan, You killed him." I say quietly.

"Hm? Oh yes the jailor,
I did. But you shouldn't be so surprised I've killed plenty of others before him." He says nonchalantly.

"How can you say that so, causally?" I say with a scowl.

"Tsk, I didn't want you to have to see me like that. Trust me that was the last thing I had in mind but, these things happen." He says with a disappointed sigh as he walks towards the chair, sitting down in front of me.

I stare right into his eyes unable to move my limps which remain limp on the chair.
I feel him start to come closer to my face, leaning in towards me from the chair.
"You look so much like your mother Y/N." He says
I frown at his words. If he's going to say he loves me even in this twisted way, id like for it for it to be addressed to me and not his lost love.
"I do not." I say bluntly, detest clear in my voice.

"Oh did I let that slip? Hm but you have to admit Y/N, Your eyes have a striking resemblance to hers." He says with slight displease as he leans back into to his chair.

"Tsk if only you knew." I mutter with a half chuckle.
"You know you really gave me a sense of what kind of person you are just now" I say with a daring smirk.

"Oh? And what is that dear Y/N?" He says with a returned smirk.

"He he, its show me," I say groggily,
"That you're desperate enough to project your feelings onto anyone as long as you think they share some resemblance to Ishwari."

"Hm? I still don't see what you mean, you are Ishwari's daughter." He says smirking.

My hairs fall over my face and a forced smile creeps upon my face.
"No pagan. I'm not." I say
Pagans smirk falls as he looks at me seriously.
"What do you mean?"
"Ishwari adopted me when I was a child. But we share no blood relation. I am not her child so there's no way we could possible share each other's eyes. Those who say we do are just fooling themselves." I say, my eyes hide behind my hair with only my desperate smile visible.
But to my surprise Pagan just laughs, Hysterically even. I snap my head up with my smile dropping.
"What's so funny?" I hiss
"Oh Y/N don't be so naive. Of course I already know your not really Ishwari's daughter." Pagan says.
"W-what?!" My eyes widen and consciences hits me like a brick wall.
"Oh yes I already knew Y/N. When I first picked you up from the bus. You didn't look like Ajay at all and yet you called him your brother. At first I though you where some golden path spy, pretending to be Ajays sister. However I soon found out that that was wrong." He says sitting back in his chair with legs crossed.
"How?" I say in an almost whisper.
"When I stabbed that golden path monkey. Those in the golden path don't speak out of line, they save their own skin first. But you...without fear called me not once but twice!" He chuckles.
"Though you may not be Ishwari's biological daughter, you still are Ishwari's daughter." He says smirking.
I remain silent having nothing more to say or add. The shock of knowing that pagan knew all along and yet still came for me, has my mind buzzing with thoughts and confusion.
Pagan gives me a soft glance with his eyes and picks himself off the chair.
"Well then consider this tough love. It may get a bit cold here so, call the guards for anything you need." He walks towards the cell door.
"Wait..." I say
"Hm? Yes Darling?"
"Why? Why save me even when you know I'm not Ishwari's true daughter? Why not leave me to die and go after Ajay?" I say looking straight at him.
Pagan gives me a smile and a look of pity,
"Because Y/N. I Love you."
My eyebrows furrow and I stare as he closes the cell door leaving me all alone.
I don't understand...
I allow myself to fall asleep, too tired to remain awake.