Chapter 11: Is This It? Naw, Maybe Not Now

Start from the beginning

      "Uh..um..." Naruto struggled for what to say. "What's wrong? Where is Sasuke anyway?" she asked. "It's simple, Sakura," I said in a quivering voice after a while. "He's dead," I said as I wiped the tears in my eyes before they spilled. "No..." Sakura muttered in unbelief. "Yes, Sakura. Yes," I said with my voice shaky.

     I was frustrated. Angry. Weak. Helpless. Sad.. the list goes on. "Sakura..." Kakashi mumbled sympathetically when Sakura stayed frozen with her eyes wide, and her mouth open. He sighed but then quickly regained focus when Zabuza charged at him. Kakashi blocked sword and kicked Zabuza hard on his jaw.

     I walked towards where Sasuke was, and soon realized Sakura and Tazuna following. I stopped when I passed Naruto. "It's not your fault, Naruto. Trust me, it's not," I said, noticing the guilty look Naruto had on his face. If It's anyone's fault, it's mine. I gritted my teeth. Why can't I save anyone? Why? Why? WHY?! Why am I so weak?! "Sasuke..." Naru muttered guiltily. I can barely control myself from breaking down, how can I help Naruto?

     I continued to go to Sasuke, and found Sakura crying over him, with Tazuna looking down at her in sympathy. I pursed my lips. The 25th rule of a shinobi: A shinobi must never show their tears. "Even so, I can't..I can't...I can't stop my tears from coming out," I muttered in a shaky voice as tears poured down my face. I slowly walked closer to Sasuke and fell on my knees. Listening to Sakura's sob. "Idiot...idiot...idiot..!" I muttered as my breath became shaky.

     I would be dead too if it weren't for Sukai. But I'm alive...I'd rather be dead. My family's dead. And now another person I love is dead...  I just want to die.

     Hey, kid. You're not dying today, came Sukai's voice.

     Sure I want to be freed, but that doesn't mean I'll kill a kid for that, she admitted.

     Please stop healing me, I told her, knowing that it isn't normal for a ninja to heal this quickly. Everything made sense, if she thought about it. All the different abilities like sensing chakra over long distances and healing quicker - it was because of Sukai.

     If I stop healing you now, you'll be dead. It isn't so easy to heal you just like that after that fight. You took on quite a beating. 

     Please...I want to give up...

     ....Why do you give up, child?  she asked, but nevertheless stopped healing me.

     I felt my body go weak. I fell on my back next to Sasuke, holding his hand, with my head turned sideways to look at him. Sasuke...

     I really admire Naruto. No matter what. He never gives up. It's his ninja way. But I can't do that anymore. I've been holding up for way too long. I can't keep this up anymore...Thank you, Sukai. You may seem like you hate humans. But I know it's you that's always healed me whenever I got hurt. I realized that when you showed yourself to me.

     It makes sense now. How I always healed fast, back then...and even now. You were always looking after me. Made sure I didn't die. You can finally be free after I die. I'm glad. Just don't be too harsh on the humans. And don't you dare hurt my friends. You may be sealed again, but I know. They'll be lucky to have you protecting them from death. Good bye, Sukai.

     I...No..thank you. Till now, whoever found out that I was sealed inside of them, always condemned me. But you were different. You asked for my name. And even tried to be friendly. Thank you, kid. I will always remember you as the brave child that went through many hardships, yet was so kind, and didn't hate me. I'm sorry that it had to be like this. I hope you can be with him in the afterlife. I wish you wouldn't give up like this. I'll respect your wish, but...perhaps you can remake your decision?